PS 1.8 Multistore not functioning correctly

frustrate

I activated the multistore option recently and wanted to add a second store. The second store already had a different domain setup as a seperate prestashop store. So in the first store I added the second store. In the domain section I added the existing domain for the second store.

The problem now is that the second store is not connecting as it should. I have tried redirecting the domain, tried a completely different domain, tried various options but nothing works.

I have imported everything from the main store and that does not even import at all.

I have checked to see if pointing the domain to the main domain and that does not work either.

How is this supposed to work. I was expecting that the second store will initially serve the default prestashop page but that is not the case so I am confused as to how this should work. I seems very complicated or it simply does not work.

17 hours ago, prestahero.com said:

Hello,

Since the creation of a multi-store in PrestaShop 8.x is similar to the process in PrestaShop 1.7, I suggest you follow this instruction to set up a multi-store site. It's a step-by-step guide and has demo screenshots so that you can easily do it on your own.

I hope this will help.

Best regard.

Thanks I have followed the instruction  but still does not work.

6 hours ago, frustrate said:

Thanks I have followed the instruction  but still does not work.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:56 PM, frustrate said:

I activated the multistore option recently and wanted to add a second store. The second store already had a different domain setup as a seperate prestashop store. So in the first store I added the second store. In the domain section I added the existing domain for the second store.

The problem now is that the second store is not connecting as it should. I have tried redirecting the domain, tried a completely different domain, tried various options but nothing works.

I have imported everything from the main store and that does not even import at all.

I have checked to see if pointing the domain to the main domain and that does not work either.

How is this supposed to work. I was expecting that the second store will initially serve the default prestashop page but that is not the case so I am confused as to how this should work. I seems very complicated or it simply does not work.

anyone have an answer that actually reveals how this is supposed to work. None of the documentation is clear on how this is supposed to work and following the instruction is as clear as mud.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 2:00 AM, roman5828 said:

In PrestaShop's multi-store setup, each store should have its own unique domain, and you need to configure the domains correctly. Here's a simplified step-by-step process:

Create Second Store: Ensure you've created the second store in your PrestaShop admin.

1. Domain Setup: For each store, set up its unique domain or subdomain in your hosting or domain registrar's control panel. Ensure that the domains are correctly pointing to your server's root directory.

2. DNS Configuration: If you're using a different domain registrar or hosting provider for the second store, configure its DNS settings to point to the same server as your primary domain.

3. Virtual Host Configuration: In your web server configuration (e.g., Apache or Nginx), create virtual hosts for each domain, pointing to the same PrestaShop installation directory.

4. PrestaShop Configuration: In your PrestaShop admin, go to the "Shops" section and configure each store with its respective domain or subdomain. Make sure to select the correct store association for products, categories, and other elements.

5. Test: After completing the above steps, test each store by accessing its respective domain. Each store should display its unique content and products based on the configurations you've set up.

Remember to clear your browser's cache and any PrestaShop caches if you encounter issues. If you've followed these steps and still face problems, consider seeking assistance from PrestaShop support or your hosting provider, as the specific setup may vary depending on your server environment and PrestaShop version. I also encountered th issue while working on my website click here.

This does not work either. All I am getting when following your instructions is a directory index and no products from the main store is showing in the second store.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:00 AM, roman5828 said:

In PrestaShop's multi-store setup, each store should have its own unique domain, and you need to configure the domains correctly. Here's a simplified step-by-step process:

Create Second Store: Ensure you've created the second store in your PrestaShop admin.

1. Domain Setup: For each store, set up its unique domain or subdomain in your hosting or domain registrar's control panel. Ensure that the domains are correctly pointing to your server's root directory.

2. DNS Configuration: If you're using a different domain registrar or hosting provider for the second store, configure its DNS settings to point to the same server as your primary domain.

3. Virtual Host Configuration: In your web server configuration (e.g., Apache or Nginx), create virtual hosts for each domain, pointing to the same PrestaShop installation directory.

4. PrestaShop Configuration: In your PrestaShop admin, go to the "Shops" section and configure each store with its respective domain or subdomain. Make sure to select the correct store association for products, categories, and other elements.

5. Test: After completing the above steps, test each store by accessing its respective domain. Each store should display its unique content and products based on the configurations you've set up.

Remember to clear your browser's cache and any PrestaShop caches if you encounter issues. If you've followed these steps and still face problems, consider seeking assistance from PrestaShop support or your hosting provider, as the specific setup may vary depending on your server environment and PrestaShop version. I also encountered th issue while working on my website click here.

Finally got it to work, the problem was that I needed to share the main shop directory and create a directory in the main shop hosting with the second shop's name