Creating a new theme - what is included in the job?

Hello,

I have a question around the scope of a theme job. I awarded a freelancer to create a customized theme for me. Usually I would say it should work like a theme that I buy out of a template shop. Every module works fine and has the style.
Now it is that the freelancer is always asking for mor money. Every module like shopping cart that should have the style of the main page should be payed extra.

What do you think. Is it that this way of working is common?
Next time I will search in europe for freelancers. All these freelancer sites in asia haven't worked beneficial for me so far.

Best regards,
Toptom

Hi TopTom,
This guy is ripping you off. Neverthless, you should have agreed the price for the whole job before you paid anything. You should then onlt pay 50% band the balance when you are satisfied that the job is completed.
Send me a PM with your contact details and I will respond with mine.
I ma very busy but will take some tome to sort out your site FOC.
Regards,
Clive

• 2 weeks later...

In the web world when client wants something cheap they always go abroad like in India, etc. When things go wrong they come back to us, here in europe. There must be a reason why in europe web developer / designer are fairly expensive (really depends how you negociate).
This is not the first time I heard a such story. anyway my point is stop going abroad and pay the full price here.
if Wotnots can't take over / too busy. Give me a shout.

Newcomer never replied so I guess he does not want free help. More money than sense.
I will do anything to help my clients. I live in France, but am English and I always try to price competitvely for any job.
I do have a colleague in the Philipines whose rate per hour is very low, but that reflects the cost of living there.