Unable to access back office after installation

lulark

Hi, I tried to install Prestashop version 8.0.2 via Softaculous. But after successful installation, when I attempt to open the back office, the following error showed up. Any ideas on how to solve it?

RuntimeException: Failed to start the session.

at vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php:194

at Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Storage\NativeSessionStorage->start() (vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Session.php:57)

at Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Session->start() (src/PrestaShopBundle/Security/Admin/SessionRenewer.php:70)

at PrestaShopBundle\Security\Admin\SessionRenewer->renew() (classes/Employee.php:495)

at EmployeeCore->logout() (classes/controller/AdminController.php:2790)

at AdminControllerCore->init() (classes/controller/Controller.php:300)

at ControllerCore->run() (classes/Dispatcher.php:510) at DispatcherCore->dispatch() (admin123/index.php:92)

Hi,

The error message you're encountering indicates a problem with starting the session in Prestashop. This can be caused by a variety of issues, including server configuration problems, session storage problems, or PHP configuration issues.

Clear the cache and try once if that doesn't help, check below steps.

• Make sure that you are using a compatible PHP version for PrestaShop 8.0.2. Prestashop usually requires PHP 7.1 or higher.
  • Verify that the PHP session handler is set correctly in your php.ini.
  • Check that all Prestashop files and directories have the correct permissions.

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks!