Problem when using same reference for 2 products w/ different names

Pmiranda

Hello,

We are setting up a ink cartridge store, and we have some products that can be used in more than one brand of printers...

Example: RefªXPTO, can be used in HP and Canon, so we created, 2 diferent products, with different names, but with same stock, prices, and reference.

Everthing works fine, if we update stocks manually, but importing via .csv, just one of the reference gets updated....

Any help, how can we do this via csv, since we have almost 9000 products....Thanks!

Hi,

Make sure your CSV file is structured correctly to handle these multi-reference products. You can use a structure like this:

ID;Reference;Name;Price;Brand;Stock
1;RefXPTO-HP;RefªXPTO for HP;19.99;HP;100
2;RefXPTO-Canon;RefªXPTO for Canon;19.99;Canon;100

In this example, each product has a unique ID, reference (combining the original reference and the brand), name, price, brand, and stock quantity.

When you import this CSV file into PrestaShop, ensure you map the correct columns and select the appropriate settings.

Check if there is an option to handle duplicate references during import. You should choose an option that updates existing products rather than creating new ones.

Create a custom attribute for "Brand" in PrestaShop if you haven't already. This will allow you to differentiate between products for different printer brands.

Before importing the entire CSV with 9000 products, test the import process with a smaller subset of products to ensure that it works as expected. This way, you can identify and resolve any issues before importing your entire product catalog.

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks!

On 9/6/2023 at 5:59 AM, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

Make sure your CSV file is structured correctly to handle these multi-reference products. You can use a structure like this:

ID;Reference;Name;Price;Brand;Stock
1;RefXPTO-HP;RefªXPTO for HP;19.99;HP;100
2;RefXPTO-Canon;RefªXPTO for Canon;19.99;Canon;100

In this example, each product has a unique ID, reference (combining the original reference and the brand), name, price, brand, and stock quantity.

When you import this CSV file into PrestaShop, ensure you map the correct columns and select the appropriate settings.

Check if there is an option to handle duplicate references during import. You should choose an option that updates existing products rather than creating new ones.

Create a custom attribute for "Brand" in PrestaShop if you haven't already. This will allow you to differentiate between products for different printer brands.

Before importing the entire CSV with 9000 products, test the import process with a smaller subset of products to ensure that it works as expected. This way, you can identify and resolve any issues before importing your entire product catalog.

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks!

Sorry for my late reply....

I think its working with your help! I Im using original reference and prestashop product id....Thank You!!!

• 3 weeks later...