Client Order confirmation mail not sent

wxanl

Hi there,

It seems that a clients prestashop (1.7.7.1)  is no longer sending order confirmation mails to clients. This worked until a couple of days ago.
All other mails are sent just fine like status changes etc. Just not the initial order confirmation.

Mails are also not showing up in the email server logs as being sent (all other mails do).

I am not sure where to look for this problem since everything seems to be just fine as far as i can tell.
Anyone has an idea where to look ?

Hi,

- Ask your clients to check their spam or junk folders. Sometimes, order confirmation emails may be marked as spam by email filters.

20 hours ago, wxanl said:

Mails are also not showing up in the email server logs as being sent (all other mails do).

- This suggests that the issue might be on the server side. Check your server logs or contact your hosting provider to investigate why these emails are not being logged.

- Prestashop often uses a queue system to send emails. Check if there are any issues with the email queue. Sometimes, an email can get stuck in the queue and not be sent. You may need to clear the email queue or restart the email sending process.

- Check the Prestashop error logs (/var/logs/ directory) for any error messages related to email sending.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks!

Hi and thanx for your reply.

First , mails do not end up in de spam folder. Ofcourse i did some test orders myself with a personal account to make sure that this isnt the case.
I also never received the order confirmation mail (client). I did receive all the following mails.

Hosting company checked the server queues and logs. They clearly show that the order confirmation mail is nog showing up (Thus not been sent by prestashop as it seems). However, the notification to the seller and the change order status change mails are actually sent and received.  This is consistent and can be reproduced with every new order. To me it looks like smtp mail is actually working correctly. 

All other mails sent from prestashop are also received. I checked the logfile but cant find any entries about mail errors.