Banner block center and FO display error

Danmant_DK

I have hooked the banner block module to displayBanner and the pic is shown in the left side. How and where to center it?

An error occured after. The frontpage continues with no content for several pages. Where and how to adjust that?

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

8 hours ago, Danmant_DK said:

I have fixed it with a module. Thank you for the code

How to fix the empty pages?

Hi,

Clear the cache and check once.

If not solved, then check the server's error logs to see if any specific error messages are being generated.

If the error started after installing or modifying a module, try disabling that module temporarily to see if the issue resolves.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

Clear the cache and check once.

If not solved, then check the server's error logs to see if any specific error messages are being generated.

If the error started after installing or modifying a module, try disabling that module temporarily to see if the issue resolves.

Thanks!

Hi

I cleared the cache and the banner is back in the left side. Tried to input the code again (in a CSS module), with no result. The empty pages are still the same.

The error started when placing a top banner (banner block), but I'v have had this error before. At that time it was the nearly unlimited sub categories in the top menu, which caused the problem. Or was it?

The only errors in the server log's are: client denied by server configuration

4 minutes ago, Danmant_DK said:

Hi

I cleared the cache and the banner is back in the left side. Tried to input the code again (in a CSS module), with no result. The empty pages are still the same.

The error started when placing a top banner (banner block), but I'v have had this error before. At that time it was the nearly unlimited sub categories in the top menu, which caused the problem. Or was it?

The only errors in the server log's are: client denied by server configuration

The statitics in the control panel is going crazy. Number of orders, number of product valuations etc.

4 hours ago, Danmant_DK said:

The statitics in the control panel is going crazy. Number of orders, number of product valuations etc.

Now I'v got the banner in the center and statistics in control panel is okay. Still got the issue with the empty pages

7 hours ago, Danmant_DK said:

Now I'v got the banner in the center and statistics in control panel is okay. Still got the issue with the empty pages

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the issue occurred after placing a top banner (banner block), it's worth revisiting the changes you made related to the banner placement. Try temporarily disabling the top banner to see if the empty pages issue is resolved.

11 hours ago, Danmant_DK said:

client denied by server configuration

The "client denied by server configuration" error usually indicates a server configuration issue related to access permissions. Check your server's configuration files (e.g., .htaccess if you're using Apache) to ensure that the permissions are correctly set for the directory and files related to your PrestaShop installation.

Remember to document any changes you make and always keep backups of your files and database before making significant modifications to your site. This way, you can easily revert to a working state if needed.

Let me know If it helps!

Thanks!

Hi

I really appreciate your help. Thank you

I have deactivated and uninstalled the banner block module, but the empty space remain. This issue was never solved earlier with the sub categories, so the problem is somewhere else.

As you mention .htaccess, I'v got google feedback about some limitations in this file, but I am not able to "read" them. The htaccess is attached, maybe you can see what is wrong

Thank you

htaccess

15 minutes ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

Your .htaccess file seems to be the default one generated by PrestaShop and doesn't appear to contain any obvious errors that would directly cause empty pages.

Thanks!

Hi

It seems, that the space needed for top banner, subcategories accelerate unlimited. Can the space be regulated somewhere?

1 hour ago, Danmant_DK said:

It seems, that the space needed for top banner, subcategories accelerate unlimited. Can the space be regulated somewhere?

Yes, the space needed for a top banner and subcategories can be regulated within the layout of your PrestaShop theme. The layout and spacing of elements on your website are typically controlled by a combination of CSS styles and possibly some template files.

If the top banner is taking up too much space, you might want to check if there are any settings within the banner module itself that allow you to control its height or positioning. If not, you might need to modify the CSS styles associated with the banner. Inspect the banner element using your browser's developer tools to identify the CSS classes or IDs that are affecting its size and positioning. Similarly for subcategories also.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Yes, the space needed for a top banner and subcategories can be regulated within the layout of your PrestaShop theme. The layout and spacing of elements on your website are typically controlled by a combination of CSS styles and possibly some template files.

If the top banner is taking up too much space, you might want to check if there are any settings within the banner module itself that allow you to control its height or positioning. If not, you might need to modify the CSS styles associated with the banner. Inspect the banner element using your browser's developer tools to identify the CSS classes or IDs that are affecting its size and positioning. Similarly for subcategories also.

Thanks!

It was the subcategories which made the empty space (again). After updating to the latest PS version 1.7.8.10, I didn't pay attention to the theme update, so there were again unlimited subcategories. I can't find any CSS files to remove the subcategories, so I added the code in the CSS module. It worked

Thank you for your help!

3 minutes ago, Danmant_DK said:

It was the subcategories which made the empty space (again). After updating to the latest PS version 1.7.8.10, I didn't pay attention to the theme update, so there were again unlimited subcategories. I can't find any CSS files to remove the subcategories, so I added the code in the CSS module. It worked

Thank you for your help!

Still got the issue with "client denied by server configuration" Could it be due to limitations in countries that can visit the website?

4 hours ago, Danmant_DK said:

Still got the issue with "client denied by server configuration" Could it be due to limitations in countries that can visit the website?

Hi,

The "client denied by server configuration" error typically indicates an issue with access permissions on the server.

Review your Apache server configuration files (such as httpd.conf or .conf files in your site's virtual host configuration) to ensure that there are no access restrictions set at the server level.

While it's unlikely, if you suspect that country-specific restrictions might be causing the issue, check your server configuration or hosting environment for any such settings. However, this is not a common cause of the "client denied by server configuration" error.

If you're unable to identify and resolve the issue on your own, consider seeking assistance from a server administrator, or your hosting provider's support team.

Cup my post if it is helpful!

Thanks!