81.1. upgrade breaks back office

EcoPets

I JUST used 1 Click Upgrade to go from 8.1.0 to 8.1.1.  There were no errors in the upgrade process, but now whne I try to login to the back office I get this error:

Attempted to load trait "PrestaShopLoginTrait" from namespace "PrestaShop\Module\PsAccounts\Provider\OAuth2". Did you forget a "use" statement for another namespace?

[Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\ClassNotFoundError 0]

So I am locked out until someone can help figure this out.  I can do a full site restore but would rather not. The site seems to be fine on the front end

Hi,

Sometimes, issues like this can be caused by cached data. Clear the cache of your PrestaShop installation by removing the contents of the /var/cache/ directory.

Compare the relevant files in the 8.1.1 version of PrestaShop with your current files. Check if any files are missing, incorrectly modified, or not updated during the upgrade process.

Thanks!

Thanks, but I cleared the cache and it made no difference.  I think it would be nearly impossible to compare the files from 2 different versions, but I appreciate the suggestion!  What I think happened was the upgrade messed up the database, but I don't know how to easily fix that. When I look at the database table in phpmyadmin, there are twice as many and half have the prefix , ps_, from the original 8.1.0 install and then there are duplicate that have no prefix, like psaccess vs ps_access.  This part of the error above, "Module\PsAccounts\", kind of gave me that clue and I looked at some of the tables that had data from before the upgrade, tables with the ps_ prefix, and those without the prefix did not have that data.  Alas, I did not have a database back up, so I cant restore that.  What I am doing is purging the tables without the ps_ prefix and see if that cleans things up.  Last resort would be a reinstall of 8.10 from scratch and then import the database back from  the server backups.

If it means anything , this error only occurs on the back office accessed from the attached page.   If I click on the "connect with another method" and get to the usual back office login, I then get the error that the password or account details are wrong.  If I try to reset the password, the email comes but the link does nothing.  I tried resetting the password in phpmyadmin, but that does not correct either problem.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 07-54-12 Eco Pet Supply (PrestaShop™).png

I fixed this problem.  Removing the tables without the ps_ prefix plus sorting through the database and the files from any instances of "psaccounts" vs "ps_accounts" and changing as necessary.  Then in the 8.1.1 files I renamed the ps_accounts module to psaccounts, tried the login again which got a page not found error. Then changing it back seemed to clear our the bogus token and I was able to get back to the backoffice again.

I do think there is a bug in the 8.1.1 upgrade and I would recommend avoiding it for now.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prestashop working very slowly on this versions 8.0.4, 8.0.5, admin page login 3 minutes.

The store started working normally only with the cache module and from presta version 8.1 using php 7.4.

Since version 8.1, the 1-click module does not work normally.

After changing the theme of the store and getting stuck with the old classic theme, I use the classic child ones - all theme settings disappear, all module hook settings disappear, you often need to reload the memory module, the sending module, work takes half a day. it's a pity and time and nerve. The most annoying thing is the number of picture folders, if there are 20,000 pictures, the number of inodes is about 640,000. Thousands of folders and subfolders. Someday, someone will make those developers understand that images should be divided into folders and not create structures like: p/9/9/9/9/9/images.jpg. Still index.htm is forced into those folders. When will they abolish this parasitic structure? I can't order a normal ssd server, because most suppliers limit the number of inodes to 500,000, and if more, sometimes you have to pay for hosting. You can't put those picture urls in the db, and the pictures themselves in the rubric id folders.

Image regeneration does not work and crashes, you need to buy a module. I had to manually update to version 8.1.1, later to 8.1.2, and even later, it's true that I already updated to version 8.1.4 with 1 click, but also with the additional exception of using a few tricks, because it's simply a program that you'll notice and won't upgrade anything. The speed of the administration interface in 8.1.4, when calculating the time of work performed, is much slower than with version 1.6, it was convenient to work with version 1.6 and it was possible to quickly add goods.

Prestashop 8.1.x version is a big headache for a person, a lot of time was wasted on compatibility, settings, some kind of non-working module for reloading, hook searches that should work but do not work after switching on. Trading can be severely affected due to technicalities. By the way, the icing on the cake is that the curators were not able to adapt even the default themes to mobile phones, the products are displayed with three strips of icons the size of a fingernail and nothing is visible on a mobile phone, so the style will have to be adapted. If you already make a theme like this, make it so that it shows the pictures of the products on the mobile phone in the entire window, like in leo themes. Try to replace it with a column, which was shown when some professor awkwardly pasted it into html: productClass="col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-xl-4". try to change this class with css without invading the code?. The most annoying thing is that in the product distribution in the prestashop administration interface, the products are displayed in rows of 40x40 size, where it is impossible to understand what the product is and what makes it different, especially when there are a lot of similar products in that section. Where to change those sizes with an icon, there is no explanation anywhere and when I asked the question in this forum, no one was able to answer. Since a cache is created for pictures, even changing the sizes requires searching for half a day. After half a day of searching, I managed to do it, but after updating to the new version of presta, everything went away again. Why can't the developers create a config file in the admin directory and give it the option to specify the image sizes of the admin interface? Those pictures are also related, if you changed the picture size in the product section, did you also change the picture size on the internal product page? You can't separate the picture sizes. But the times have come when you can't even change the image size in the admin interface.