Database space

kabir

Dear friends,

The allocated space for my database from my host server is 5 GB. But it is filled with faceted search module cache which is 3.2 GB. Please see attached. Can anybody please help me how to solve this issue?

Thank you.

price_indexx.thumb.jpg.7741c4373d50877560f47a532fa5a75b.jpg

Hi,

Try clearing the cache from BO.

Some faceted search modules might offer options to limit the cache size they generate. Check the settings of the faceted search module to see if there are any options to control the cache size or configure it to use less space.

Check if there is an option to set an expiration time for the cache.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

Try clearing the cache from BO.

Some faceted search modules might offer options to limit the cache size they generate. Check the settings of the faceted search module to see if there are any options to control the cache size or configure it to use less space.

Check if there is an option to set an expiration time for the cache.

Thanks!

Hi,

Many many thanks for your advice. If I just delete the faceted module and the table from the database, will it do any harm to my website. Then maybe I will start regenerating the index again? Or I will go for a different module.

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Kabir   

17 hours ago, kabir said:

If I just delete the faceted module and the table from the database, will it do any harm to my website

Hi,

Removing the faceted search module will impact the functionality of your website's search and filtering features.

Check if any other modules or customizations in your PrestaShop installation depend on the faceted search module. Removing it might cause conflicts with these other components.

Deleting the module's table from the database will result in the loss of all cached search index data. Once deleted, you will need to reindex your products, which might take some time depending on the number of products you have.

Before you proceed with deleting the faceted search module, it's a good idea to follow the below steps:

• Create a complete backup of your website, including the database and files. This way, you can restore your site to its previous state if needed.
  • If possible, set up a staging environment that mirrors your live website. Test the removal of the faceted search module in this environment to see how your website behaves without it and if there are any critical issues.
17 hours ago, kabir said:

I will go for a different module.

Research and explore alternative modules that might be more efficient or have better cache management. Look for modules that have good reviews, support, and compatibility with your PrestaShop version.

Add cup to the post If it is helpful!

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 6:49 AM, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

Removing the faceted search module will impact the functionality of your website's search and filtering features.

Check if any other modules or customizations in your PrestaShop installation depend on the faceted search module. Removing it might cause conflicts with these other components.

Deleting the module's table from the database will result in the loss of all cached search index data. Once deleted, you will need to reindex your products, which might take some time depending on the number of products you have.

Before you proceed with deleting the faceted search module, it's a good idea to follow the below steps:

• Create a complete backup of your website, including the database and files. This way, you can restore your site to its previous state if needed.
  • If possible, set up a staging environment that mirrors your live website. Test the removal of the faceted search module in this environment to see how your website behaves without it and if there are any critical issues.

Research and explore alternative modules that might be more efficient or have better cache management. Look for modules that have good reviews, support, and compatibility with your PrestaShop version.

Add cup to the post If it is helpful!

Thanks!

Many many thanks for your help.

• Like 1