Product combination with variable product names and separate link

Tomi14

I offer devices that have a letter indicating the product color in their names, for example, M10W and M10B (white and black monitors). I would like the customer, upon entering one product, to be able to change the color of the product themselves (using combinations), but I also want the product name and URL to change accordingly (for SEO purposes).

This functionality works on Allegro. When choosing a color, we are simply redirected to another product, for example: https://allegro.pl/oferta/apple-iphone-14-256gb-a15-bionic-ios-16-fioletowy-13933787618 (a sample auction).

Is there a way to achieve this?

Hi,

• First, you need to create attributes for the colors you offer (e.g., White, Black, etc.). Go to Catalog > Attributes & Features > Attributes and add the necessary color attributes.
  • Then, For each attribute (e.g., color), create attribute values. For example, for the color attribute, create values like "White," "Black," and any other colors you offer.
  • Go to Catalog > Products and choose the product you want to offer in different colors (e.g., M10 Monitor). In the product configuration, you'll find a Combinations tab. In this section, you can create different combinations of the product by selecting the available attributes and their corresponding values. For each combination, you can set a specific name, reference, price, and even a unique URL if needed.
  • Finally, Enable Combinations on Product Page.

Now, when a customer visits the product page (e.g., M10 Monitor), they will see the available color options as combinations. Upon selecting a color combination, the URL will automatically change to reflect the chosen color (e.g., m10w for white, m10b for black), and the product name will also update to include the selected color (e.g., M10 White, M10 Black).

Thanks!

• Like 1

Thank you!

Is it possible to use miniatures of products, instead radio button with text? 

I have also door stations with "card reader" or "pin keyboard" and i think image is better way to show other options.

Edit. 

1) Can I ask how to pair them each other? 

2)I have a lots of monitors, and they are always two in set (black and white). I don't want to show other types monitotors with this products as black combination

pair.png

Edited by Tomi14 (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Tomi14 said:

Is it possible to use miniatures of products, instead radio button with text? 

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.

To pair product combinations with images or thumbnails:

• First, you need to upload the images or thumbnails representing each product combination.
  • As mentioned in the previous message, you need to enable the Product Combinations feature for the product.
  • To replace the radio buttons with images, you'll need to customize the product combination display in the front-end.

Thanks!

Can I ask how to pair them each other? 

To do this, Go to the Combinations tab for the product, and for each combination, you'll have an option to select an image that corresponds to that combination. This way, when a customer selects a combination on the product page, the corresponding image will be displayed.

I have a lots of monitors, and they are always two in set (black and white). I don't want to show other types monitotors with this products as black combination

You can set the Available for order option to No for the other monitor types that you don't want to show. This will hide those combinations from the front-end, and only the black and white monitor combinations will be visible to customers.

• 5 months later...
On 7/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, AddWeb Solution said:

For each combination, you can set a specific name, reference, price, and even a unique URL if needed.

I don't think this is possible in Prestashop. Can you be a little more detailed? When I examined the combinations of the product, I honestly did not see such an option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

• First, you need to create attributes for the colors you offer (e.g., White, Black, etc.). Go to Catalog > Attributes & Features > Attributes and add the necessary color attributes.
  • Then, For each attribute (e.g., color), create attribute values. For example, for the color attribute, create values like "White," "Black," and any other colors you offer.
  • Go to Catalog > Products and choose the product you want to offer in different colors (e.g., M10 Monitor). In the product configuration, you'll find a Combinations tab. In this section, you can create different combinations of the product by selecting the available attributes and their corresponding values. For each combination, you can set a specific name, reference, price, and even a unique URL if needed.
  • Finally, Enable Combinations on Product Page.

Now, when a customer visits the product page (e.g., M10 Monitor), they will see the available color options as combinations. Upon selecting a color combination, the URL will automatically change to reflect the chosen color (e.g., m10w for white, m10b for black), and the product name will also update to include the selected color (e.g., M10 White, M10 Black).

Thanks!

Could you explain please.

I have different combination of products. Each of these combination of product have a specifix url: something like 371-3074-redken-chromatics-hair-dye.html, where 371 - is an ID of product and 3074 is an ID of combination. When user open this URL he can see the product 371 with already selected combination. But the name of product is the same for all of combinations of products. And each of these product-combination URLs have the same and only one canonical url like 371-redken-chromatics-hair-dye.html.

So each of these combinations indexed by search engines only like one product page. So, in my case, there is many of colors of products, but the users can't find it, because these combinations aren't indexing by search engines, because have same URL, same title, same product name in page content and so on.

Can I change some preferences in Presta to fix it?

10 hours ago, Aldeag said:

This module only split combinations into products on the cathalog page or in search page. It's very useful module to help customers see different products combination as a list of products in one page. But each of these combinations go to default product page, with the same name, title, meta, content and with the same canonical url. I couldn't find the solution for it, so I had to make changes in prestashop code in (products) head.tpl, product_name.tpl, product.tpl, productController.php, core.js. I know that it's wrong and I should make a module for it, but I don't have much developers skills to make it by myself.

Anyway, now each of my combination have it's own title, meta, name, canonical and the name of product dynamically changes when combination selected on the product page.