Addons developer requests backoffice access vs privacy laws?

ivordurham

If I need to contact the developer of an addon module that I have purchased, the contact form requests the admin URL & login credentials. As a software developer I fully appreciate the importance of being able to reproduce a problem and to observe the problem behavior myself, but I don't see how I can provide back office credentials without violating the privacy laws because that would expose all my customer information to an entity (individual or company) with whom I have no relationship other than having purchased their module. I cannot vouch for their integrity or their ability to protect my customers' personal information. How do you reconcile this?

Hi, 

unless the problem is really on Customer menu, should i think that we can create a new user and give its respected privilege from Teams menu?

In any case, I would have my live shop and dev shop together, eg myshop.com and dev.myshop.com. When something happen on myshop.com, I would recreate it on dev.myshop.com. If needed, share the credential of the dev site to 3rd party