PS 8 - I can't change Reference, Brand, EAN, Package dimension of the existing product

banan_44

Hello, some time ago I have noticed that when I update an existing product in the BO not all changes are saved and the saving process takes a lot of time. In my situation when I change Brand, Reference number, EAN or package dimensions and hit Save button, I will receive a green popup that the product have been succesfully updated. But when I refresh the page or go to the Catalog -> Products and go to the product X I can see that my changes are not saved. I have old Brand, Reference number, EAN and package dimensions. In the front office I also have the old parameters. Changes to short or long description, features, price, categories or quantity are saved with no problem. To change Brand, Reference number, EAN or package dimensions I have to go to the phpmyadmin and do that manually in the database or use PresTools script. The same situation happens when I duplicate a product. The duplicated product will have the same Brand, Reference number, EAN or package dimensions as the original product and cannot be changed from the BO. But when I create a new product in the BO, then I set Brand, Reference number, EAN or package dimensions, this time these parameters are saved. But once they are saved I am not able to change them anymore from the BO. I have also noticed that when I make changes using Prestools my product cannot be found in the search bar (for example if I search using product reference numer or title). I have to go the product in the BO and it save and then my product is visible in the search results . But what is strange it is visible only in the search results on my main shop. The product is still not visible in other shops that are added to my Prestashop even though in Prestools and BO I have saved change for all shops and used All shops in the BO. In section Shop Parameters - Search I have indexed all missing products and still the changed products are nor visible in other shops except the main shop. In Debug mode there are no problems in my BO and FO.

Little background when these problems probably occured:

At the beggining of this year I have installed a fresh PS 8.0.1 and set up my shop. Then I have been adding products from the CSV files using import function. Everything was working back then without any problems. I do not know when the problems appeared exactly because for a long time I have not updated any products (I was mostly importing new products). The only situations that comes to my mind that could cause these problems are:

1. The problem might occur after upgrading from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2, or after upgrade from 8.0.2 to 8.0.3.
2. When I turned on Multistore option and added 8 additional shops to my main shop. It somewhere either right after upgrading to 8.0.2 and shortly before upgrading to 8.0.2.
3. After unsuccesfull import of a few products to my shop. I do not know what happened but at some point after enabling Multistore option every 1000 products imported to my shop resulted in adding about 10 GB of data to ps_layered_price_index table which apparently is a table used by Faceted Search module. That was crazy. I have set an nighly import of large CSV file with products and ps_layered_price_index increased so much that it used entire capacity of my server and my shop stopped working due to lack of space. I had to truncate all data from the ps_layered_price_index in order to run the shop again. After a few weeks I have removed 3 or 4 additional shops and since then this table grows about 100-200 MB per 1000 products.

I have mentioned at the begging that when I update a product the saving process takes some time. I took a screnshot showing how long it takes to save product changes in BO. The weird thing is that not all products have such long time of saving changes. Products that have been imported before updating to PS 8.0.2 or enabling Multistore are saved almost immediately. Products imported later have such long save time. That is strange.

image.png.06f609273a2f10cd03d6ff839ae751b3.png

Also around the time upgrading PS, enabling the Multistore and problem with ps_layered_price_index I have also noticed a problem with Activity overview in the Dashboard. I have mentioned it in the topic linked below. Activitty dashboard showe me only arrows instead of any information. When I clicked on "Online Visitors" I had error 500. It turned out that the 500 was caused by a wrong Google Tag inserted into the Google Analytics module. The Activity overview was working again. But recently I hve upgraded PS from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 and again I have only arrows but this time there is no Error 500. Everything is working. I have any data only when I turn on Demo mode but these are face data. That is strange too.

Right now I am clueless. I do not know how to solve tthese problems. I was not able to reproduce them on a fresh PS so I do not think these problems are bugs. Does anyone know how to solve these problems?

Here are my specs:

PS 8.0.4
Server information: Linux #1 SMP Mon Dec 12 07:06:14 EST 2022 x86_64
Server software version: Apache
PHP version: 8.1.18
Memory limit: 800M
Max execution time: 600
MySQL version: 10.4.27-MariaDB-cll-lve
MySQL engine: InnoDB
MySQL driver: DbPDO