Solved - 404-error "File not found" on order confirmation

RaspberryStore

I'm running PrestaShop 1.6.1.20 for quite a while now, and suddenly I get notes from customers, who have paid their order and on returning to the site, they receive a "File not found." error. (So it isn't an upgrade issue, and yes I know I should upgrade, soon. It is already planned.) It is when they are redirected to the following URL:

https://<<webshop>>/nl/index.php?controller=order-confirmation

Also I noticed everything beginning with "index.php" is returning this 404-error. For example: when order details from a previous order in the "order history" has to be displayed... (https://<<webshop>>/nl/index.php?controller=order-detail%27) However, the rest of the website (categories, products and the total backoffice) is working fine. (When I strip the language and the controller, with the bare "https://<<webshop>>/index.php", I am redirected to the homepage...)

In the apache error-log I do not see any 404-errors. Also when I enable "show PHP-errors", nothing shows up in the log or website. I also enabled the debug-setting from defines.inc.php, but still no clue...

How do I have to proceed to debug which file is supposed to be missing? Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Daniël

Edited by RaspberryStore
Issue is solved. (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

• Firstly, Make sure that the "Friendly URL" option is enabled in Prestashop BO.
  • Make sure the controller and action names are correct in the URL. Check for typos or changes you might have made accidentally.
  • Verify that the necessary files for the order confirmation and other affected pages exist in the correct directories. Look for the order confirmation php file in the controllers/front directory.
  • Review your server's error logs, especially the Apache error logs. Sometimes, the error messages are logged there, even if they don't appear on the frontend. Look for any relevant error messages.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. To be honest, I forgot this request. I hired a "PrestaShop expert" to solve this issue. It seemed it was missing 2 options from the "config"->"SEO & URL" list. (I guess this is what you also mean with the "friendly URL"-option.) The company has added the 2 missing URL's, and since then never had any problem.

It is curious how the website could run for several years, and suddenly it is missing 2 entries in a table I didn't even know it existed...

Anyhow, I have learned a new thing of Prestashop! Thanks for your response!!

Kind regards,
Daniël

• Like 1

• RaspberryStore changed the title to Solved - 404-error "File not found" on order confirmation