[LOOKING FOR MODULE] Reorder products in Order cancel email

Someone somewhere has seen a simple module that will add to the cart the same things that the customer wanted to buy but, for example, the payment was rejected? I know that for logged in there is a button in the purchase history to re-order products. But unfortunately there is no such button for not logged in/guests.

A link in the email that is sent when an order is canceled would be an ideal solution to the problem. The customer clicks on the link in the email and the products jump into the shopping cart along with setting the combination

Edited by c64girl (see edit history)

• c64girl changed the title to [LOOKING FOR MODULE] Reorder products in Order cancel email
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 7:22 PM, ps8moduly.cz said:

Hello.
Such a module exists.

Customization, compatibility for Prestashop 8.x is currently in progress.
Check out the pictures from the module if it's exactly what you're looking for 😉

Where is the module located?

I am searching something easy to add like a link to email template. There is a way to reorder using controller https://somesite.com?submitReorder=&id_order=3352 this will reorder. One problem is its not working for guests but only logged in users.

12 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

Checking in for guests and customers is a lot.
It's not as simple as just using a link and then clicking on something and it will work.
That's why my module creates a new page and writes all the data to it and also takes care of sending links.

MODULE LINK

If i add this link: {guest_reorder_url} in email order confirmation it will show link to reorder for guests and customers and anyone can use it?

If i add this link {guest_reorder_url} in email that will be a status only called reorder.html template it will send a link to reorder for guests and customers when i change the status to this status?

Can You share me a demo installed on some ps 1.7 so i can check how it work?

Hi.

The module includes options:
1. simple mode
2. custom insertion of a variable into any email template for a list of order history
3. custom variable insertion into any email template for reordering
4. selection of order statuses when it will be possible to use point 3.

1. in simple mode, it will replace the order tracking URL in all email templates, provided that it is a guest order

2. in any email template by inserting {guest_history_url} the URL will be replaced with a link for the list of guest orders including the text "You can view the history of all orders here", where "here" will be replaced by the URL

3. in any email template by inserting {guest_reorder_url}, the URL will be replaced with a link for reordering the guest's last order, including the text "If you need to order everything from this order again, just use the link", where "link" will be replaced with the URL

No demo available.

The module works on several hooks that are available for Prestashop 1.7.0.0 >

Module settings:

obrazek.thumb.png.a8ffd74233947a56f819b557674eaf6e.png 

obrazek.thumb.png.03aa29defa65128794b18363655bd25a.png

obrazek.thumb.png.5b1189f748519e32dd1828b9d18e54ed.png

Email template:

obrazek.thumb.png.641b1de1ab25fd4e4be11cfb7e05ca8d.png

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

4 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

Hi.

The module includes options:
1. simple mode
2. custom insertion of a variable into any email template for a list of order history
3. custom variable insertion into any email template for reordering
4. selection of order statuses when it will be possible to use point 3.

It seems to me that making a function if guest { redirect to gest reorder } if customer { redirect to prestashop order history } would be a good idea. I want to create a link or button in the email template that says.

Your order failed? [REORDER] <--- this reorder will be for guest and customers

4 minutes ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

I think you need something different than what I offered you.
Hopefully someone will have the module you need.

Your module is great and gives the ability for guests to re-order but it seems to me that it should check if someone is logged in or not. Then you wouldn't have to make two buttons for guests and for customers who have accounts.

What happens if some customer who has an account presses on the link for guest? His orders will be displayed to him and he will be able to order items again?

Replacing the reorder link in the email is only for guests.
The customer has his own option to view order history (built into Prestashop).
The module is built only for guests, registered customers have their own options.

Ok but what will happen if a user that have account will click the link for guests?

8 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

Email template:

obrazek.thumb.png.641b1de1ab25fd4e4be11cfb7e05ca8d.png

You gave such a screenshot before. In this screenshot it shows how there are two links in the template from the discontinued payment. A visitor and a user who has an account will see this email. I understand that when the guest presses the link from your module he will be taken to a unique guest page where he will see his order and be able to re-order. What happens when a user who is logged out and has an account on the store presses the link from your module? An error will pop up, or a log in message?  What will happend?

2 minutes ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

The module is called "Guest order history".
Works with guest orders, not registered customer orders.

Still You dont understand. I want one BUTTON with link {guest_reorder_url} so user will not have to think witch link to click if he is quest or registered user.

1. So if someone will be registered and logged in in shop user and click a link {guest_reorder_url} from payment error email template where the module will take him or what info will popup for him.

2. So if someone will be registered and logged out in shop user and click a link {guest_reorder_url} from payment error email template where the module will take him or what info will popup for him.

3. So if someone will be guest and click a link {guest_reorder_url} from payment error email template where the module will take him or what info will popup for him.

6 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

And you don't understand that I have this mod and I'm not going to modify it the way you need.
That's why I wrote to you that the module is not suitable for you.
You can buy a module and have it modified extra, to order.

I'm done.

Well still You did not told me what will happend when

1,2,3 situations are made :)

1. by default, a cart is created and redirected to the order page

2. will be displayed by default login page and then creates a cart and redirects to order page

3. a cart is created and redirected to the order page

================

1. and 2. uses common functions of Prestashop https://somesite.com?submitReorder=&id_order=3352

3. front controller module https://somesite.com/guest-history?token=uuczdtytxzxzx&ro=4465

3 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

Everything has already been described and explained here.

Yes, now You described exacly what will happen in those 3x variants i wanted to know from the begining :)

Last question and i will buy the module. The code {guest_reorder_url} i can put in any template email? And this module make overrides files?

On 6/17/2023 at 4:39 AM, ps8moduly.cz said:

1. by default, a cart is created and redirected to the order page

2. will be displayed by default login page and then creates a cart and redirects to order page

3. a cart is created and redirected to the order page

================

1. and 2. uses common functions of Prestashop https://somesite.com?submitReorder=&id_order=3352

3. front controller module https://somesite.com/guest-history?token=uuczdtytxzxzx&ro=4465

1. Working confirmed

2. Not working if i am logged out and it redirect me to basket not to the login page and basket is empty.

3. Working ok for guests.

I used {guest_reorder_url} in paymeny_error.tpl email.

Hi.

A distinction needs to be made between a guest link and a registered customer link.
What link did you use?

I used {guest_reorder_url} that reffer to  <a href="{guest_reorder_url_link}">link.</a>

Everything works fine except point 2. When I am not logged in.

1 minute ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

Ah, I understand now.
If the reorder link is used and the registered customer is not logged in, it will not redirect them to the login page.

Can You fix this to send them ro login page so they can log in and reorder automaticly?

This is the normal behavior of Prestashop.
It is the same, even if you create a virtual product, it will also not be possible to download it without logging in and the link is not valid.

But it can be solved so that the customer can log in automatically and create a cart. The page will not need to be reloaded after login.

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

1 hour ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

This is the normal behavior of Prestashop.
It is the same, even if you create a virtual product, it will also not be possible to download it without logging in and the link is not valid.

But it can be solved so that the customer can log in automatically and create a cart. The page will not need to be reloaded after login.

Is this going to be some kind of module update? As I posted before i have just one problem. When I am logged out and click on the link from the email it redirects me to the shopping cart, and there is nothing in the cart. But when I am logged in it works fine. Maybe the solution would be to redirect a non-logged-in but registered user to the login page? Instead of redirecting him directly to the shopping cart.

2 hours ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

You are already my customer and I will solve everything with you through my support in the e-shop 😉

The update is already released.

Did not know You released the update 😮

Checking it.

It works, but don't you think that enabling automatic login to a customer's username and password via clicking on a link is a bit dangerous? I know there is such a token, but you know how it is with security. In my opinion, it would be more reasonable to give the user the ability to log in. But I could be wrong.

52 minutes ago, ps8moduly.cz said:

The less you want the user to click and fill out, the more satisfied the customer will be. You can put a warning in the email so that the link is not shared 🤪

Ok i think something out. And You are right less clicking is better for client.