Error 500 if I add a 9th carrier

neocomputersuk

As stated I have currently 8 carriers listed in the carrier selection due to offering different types of shipping and collection options.

Everything was working smoothly until yesterday when I wanted to add another carrier and by doing this the site then responds with error 500 any time I try to go through the checkout or log into the account section. The back end and the site work fine as long as you aren't logged in or trying to go through checkout.

I have a feeling that the carriers part of the file system is possibly broken somehow, but I would just like to get your thoughts on this?

TIA

1 hour ago, miamaelia said:

It's possible that the addition of the new carrier caused some sort of conflict with the system, resulting in the error 500 when attempting to go through checkout or log into the account section. It could be related to the file system or something else entirely. One potential solution would be to remove the new carrier and see if the issue resolves itself. If it does, you may need to look into why that particular carrier caused the conflict and find a workaround or alternative solution. Another option would be to check for any updates or patches to your e-commerce platform, as these may address any known issues related to carrier selection and checkout. It may also be helpful to review the server logs for any additional information about the error and potential causes, as this could provide more insight into the issue and how to resolve it.

Yes as soon as I remove or disable that carrier from the list the error goes away, the server error logs just show the error 500 not really any helpful information. Everything is up to date running the latest (but not 8) version of prestashop. So I wouldn't say it is a particular carrier it's just a standard shipping option in the back end of prestashop we have 8 other options available as mentioned but as soon as I add another regardless of if it is free or cost etc etc the site has this issue. My next step I thought about was to replace the files on the server with new prestashop install files for shipping/carriers to see if it is that

• 4 weeks later...