Upgrading PrestaShop 1.7.* to 8.* Not Posible with 1-Click Upgrade for IONOS Hosted Shop

I have an old PrestaShop installation on my 1&1 IONOS hosted shop. I found recently l could not log into the shop's admin panel, because the shop was an old version, like Presta 1.7.*, and the PHP was 8.0.

IONOS are now charging us extra money to use anything below PHP 8.0, so the PHP version for me cannot change (l don't actually make money from the PrestaShop installation yet, so l can't justify paying money for retro PHP 7.* maintained by IONOS for security flaws).

Therefore the Presta version has to change.

So, IONOS temporarily reduced the PHP version to 7.2 for me, so l could log into my Presta control panel.

Inside Presta dashboard, l managed to do a 1-click upgrade, but it would only let me upgrade to Presta 1.7.8.*, and once l did that, l did not get any new option to then upgrade to Presta 8.*

Browsing the Prestashop advice pages (     https://www.ionos.com/ecommerce-solutions/prestashop-hosting?ac=OM.US.USs96K414029T7073a    ), l found that 1&1 IONOS are actually official PrestaShop partners, and thus the 1-Click upgrade ought in theory to give the latest Presta version via Presta dashboard.

Why am l therefore not able to upgrade to PrestaShop 8.0.4? Why am l stuck with an unusable PrestaShop 1.7.* ?

Edited by poshshop (see edit history)

hello, run away from ionos, look for a server that lets you put the php version at no cost.
on the other hand, try to update to PS 8 with the module but in advanced mode, for this you must upload the package to the server