Looking for a way to randomize product listings on Category Pages

Hello,

I am looking for a way in 1.37 to be able to randomize the products listed on the Category pages.

I have my Products on the Home Page set to random, and I have the Sort By function on the Category Pages.

The issue I find is that the products on the Category pages always show the same.

I saw in a thread that there is a solution in 1.36 when messing with the PHP, but I would like to know if a Module could be utilized in this scenario.

Thanks!

On 5/3/2023 at 9:38 AM, JBW said:

There should be a random option already in category->getProducts class, so check where it is called (e.g. in category.php) and use this parameter.

grafik.thumb.png.2347db352c856789288c2f06aaf966c5.png

Thanks! I will give it a look. I don't have an option in Category to produce Random appearances, only in the Home Page, Products listing like Featured Products. In the Category Page it only shows Pagination.

You cannot set random category page, allowed sorts are Sales, Name, Price, Pertinence (filters in category page). If you want to have a random display, you need to override the ProductListingFrontController. But if you have a lot of products with pagination, you cannot assure your customer will see all availaible products!