1 necklace + 3 chain lengths = 3 products - that's wrong!

Obsidrian Drama

Dear Community,

I create handcrafted products using different materials.

Lately, I started to work with silver and I'm making unique pieces (literally: only 1 piece of each item).
I want to offer my customers the choice to select the chain's length for my necklaces. I offer 3 lengths for 1 single item, the problem is that Prestashop thinks that I have 3 items in total... and that's wrong.

Is there any way to fix that behaviour? 

Thanks a lot in advance!

-OD

hello, one option could be that you use the customization option that is in the options tab within the product, so that the user writes the size he needs

natively you will not be able to go further, you would need a module

In Prestashop, when you add a product attribute, it's treated as a separate product by default. So, if you add three product attributes, Prestashop will treat them as three different products. This can cause confusion and create unnecessary clutter in your product listings.

To solve this issue, there are a few options available.you can use the prestashop customization option but there's no validation in the process.Alternatively, you can use a third-party custom field module, which creates custom options for products that fulfill your needs. This is a more user-friendly and flexible solution that can help you manage your product listings more efficiently.

Its better if you use any third party module to fulfill your need.