Webp image for carriers

Miguel86

Hi:
I'm running Prestashop 8.0.1  & PHP 8.1 & Theme Warehouse.

The main problem i'm experiencing is that i enabled in the image settings to use webp images, however even i upload webp images (products & carriers) website still converts and uses jpg images. I know the settings shows that maybe my theme is not compatible but i don't think is the case. Any help or something i can check to see where could be the problem?

Best regards

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Make sure that the theme you're using is compatible with Prestashop 8.0.1 and supports the webp image format. Themes that don't support webp might still default to using JPG images. You might want to check for any updates or documentation related to theme compatibility.

Clear all the caches in your PrestaShop installation, including the cache in the admin panel, and any caching mechanisms used by your server (e.g., opcode caches like OPcache). Sometimes, cached data can cause unexpected behavior, including serving older image formats.

Ensure that your server is configured to support webp images.

In the prestashop preferences -> images configurations : WebP format for images should be set to Yes and Generate images in WebP format should be set to Yes.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I'm not able to create any image in Webp in the prestashop.

I confirmed that my server supports webp. My theme also in the documentation supports webp, but i upload a product image in webp, and website still converts it to jpeg.

I also have the latest PS version 1.8.2

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-03 a las 14.04.24.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-03 a las 14.06.23.png

Edited by Miguel86
More screenshots (see edit history)

• 3 months later...