translation checkbox "I agree to the terms of service, revocation terms and privacy terms and will adhere to them unconditionally." not found

jarnold

I am having a problem with the checkbox at checkout. The checkbox "I agree to the terms of service, revocation terms and privacy terms and will adhere to them unconditionally." is not translated. It seems that the checkbox is created (at least partially) by the module ps_legalcompliance 3.1.5. If the module is deactivated the standard checkbox "I agree to the [terms of service] and will adhere to them unconditionally." of the theme is activated and translated.
In the module every translation is filled. But in the translation section of the module I find only the sentence "I agree to the [terms of service] and [revocation terms] and will adhere to them unconditionally."
I have no idea where the part "and privacy terms" comes from. I have installed even the official GDPR module installed but in the translation section is no sign of this.

Does anybody an idea where I can translate it?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

In a module code, everything is did to permit a translation :

$this->trans('I agree to the [terms of service], [revocation terms] and [privacy terms] and will adhere to them unconditionally.', [], 'Modules.Legalcompliance.Shop'),
                    $link_conditions,
                    $link_revocation,
                    $link_privacy

I believe that there is 2 translations:

1) first is inside the module himself (via module manager and go in configuration of the module)

2) second one, have to go to international -> translation -> module legacy compliance.

Just to remember, the official module is not existant anymore and archived on GitHub (This repository has been archived by the owner on Dec 3, 2021. It is now read-only.-> https://github.com/PrestaShop/ps_legalcompliance)

The version that you use is a fork (unofficial).

If you want help, just write an issue on GitHub on the developer https://github.com/gurkcity/ps_legalcompliance/blob/main/ps_legalcompliance.php

Regards,

• Like 1