Prestashop 1.6.1.23 Backoffice Slow Problem Only

Hi all !

This is the first prestashop problem which i didn't find a solution (yet).

My backoffice is slow (Load Time 5129 ms - You'd better run your shop on a toaster), but on frontend is blazing fast (Load Time113 ms - Unicorn powered webserver!)

I have Prestashop 1.6.1.23 and PHP Version 7.4.33.

I have enable debug mode and profiling mode and i'm sending attached, and the problem seems to be on initContent. Stopwatch SQL seems everything okay.

I have tried all possible solutions i have checked on this forum:

• Disabled non-prestashop modules (and tried all other existing modules too)
  • Disable Addons Prestashop API connection
  • Disabled All Cache (and deleted cache folder)
  • I have comment content on the admin template and all other possible contents
  • Disabled gamification (merchant expertise) module

Is there anything else i can try?

Thank you all and regards!

profiling_mode.png

Hi @Enrique Gómez!

Thank you for reply.

How can i check for those API Calls - on Chrome Inspector Elements Network tab ? Only ajax.php is called, besides the index.php page. And it's that index.php is consuming the 5sec. If not here, where can i trace those?

Besides, i tried to disable all modules (through phpmyadmin on modules table, setting active = 0), and also i tried many backoffice pages - not only carriers, products or categories. Pages like Preferences, Localization, and others are also giving that same time.

Those calls are done by php, a good hosting has info about those external calls. You can try to open a a ticket to check the calls done to external sites  done by php

If you search curl_init() in modules section you can see which modules use external calls.

imagen.png.9a153d8d998104380ef91f01d81c24e8.png

But if you have deactivated (be sure that they are deactivated) the modules the problem should disappear

Ok, thank you @Enrique Gómez for the suggestion!

I have checked and there were plenty of modules with curl_init function. But i tried to renaming all those modules folders name, refresh the page with profiling mode on, checked that module was not been calling anymore, but in the end only decreases 100ms - only residual value compared to the total.

😭

1 minute ago, carlosqribeiro said:

@Enrique Gómez

I'm here to saying that today the problem was disappeared - just as it began, so it ended - quickly and unexpectedly.

I can't explain what happened, but today the backoffice pages is blazing fast again.

If i discover something i'll post it here.

Thanks for your time, patience and suggestions!

Best regards!

Ok, in my case those strange backoffice behaviours where caused by carrier modules. To avoid putting crons, they managed api calls for changing order states every X minutes when the admin was in logged in the backoffice (using some of the backoffice hooks).

Sometimes their service was "stuck" and it resulted in slowing down the backoffice.

But as you did, deactivating them should solve the problem.. so.. it's a mystery!