Exclude Products On Sale for Cart Rule or for Customer Group [Prestashop 1.6.1.18]

gbimp

I'm trying to create a new customer group that will have a 15% discount on all non-discounted products on our website.

The customer groups do not have any options to exclude discounted products from the reduction. I tried just creating a group without the discount then connecting it to a cart rule, but the cart rule conditions do not have any options to exclude the products that are on sale either. I'm willing to throw in some code if I have to, I just need an idea where to go. Any thoughts? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 8:03 PM, gbimp said:

change some settings

Hi,

• In Prestashop admin panel, Goto Price Rules page under the Price Rules tab.
  • Click on Cart Rules tab and select the cart rule that you wanna apply the exclusion to.
  • Scroll down to the Conditions section and click on the Products selection tab.
  • Click on the Conditions tab and select Product(s) in the Group of conditions dropdown menu.
  • Then click on the green + button to add a new condition and select Product on sale from the dropdown menu.
  • Change the is dropdown menu to is not (to exclude products on sale)
  • Finally, click on Save button.

I hope this will help.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:31 AM, gbimp said:

customer groups do not have any options to exclude discounted products

If you wanna exclude products on sale for a specific customer group,

• Goto Customers tab in the admin panel and select Groups
  • Click on Add new to create a new customer group / select an existing one.
  • Scroll down to the Discounts section and select No for Apply discounts on discounted products option.
  • Save the changes

I hope this would help.

28 minutes ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi,

• In Prestashop admin panel, Goto Price Rules page under the Price Rules tab.
  • Click on Cart Rules tab and select the cart rule that you wanna apply the exclusion to.
  • Scroll down to the Conditions section and click on the Products selection tab.
  • Click on the Conditions tab and select Product(s) in the Group of conditions dropdown menu.
  • Then click on the green + button to add a new condition and select Product on sale from the dropdown menu.
  • Change the is dropdown menu to is not (to exclude products on sale)
  • Finally, click on Save button.

I hope this will help.

My version is slightly different. I don't have the "is" and "is not". Please see the follow image as my conditions tab:

687643350_ScreenShot2023-04-14at8_12_16AM.png.5baaa03c06d90272ae1987e10477ce39.png

22 minutes ago, AddWeb Solution said:

If you wanna exclude products on sale for a specific customer group,

• Goto Customers tab in the admin panel and select Groups
  • Click on Add new to create a new customer group / select an existing one.
  • Scroll down to the Discounts section and select No for Apply discounts on discounted products option.
  • Save the changes

I hope this would help.

As for the customer group, it's the same story. Here is a screenshot: 

1502746644_ScreenShot2023-04-14at8_21_33AM.thumb.png.2e2da435a9e3be13b13daa691d543985.png

Edited by gbimp (see edit history)

In Prestashop 1.6.1.18, you can create a cart rule that excludes products on sale by using a specific condition. Here are the steps to achieve this:

1. Go to the "Price Rules" section in the back office of your shop.

2. Click on "Cart Rules" and then click on "Add new cart rule".

3. Fill in the basic information for your cart rule (name, description, etc.).

4. Scroll down to the "Conditions" section and click on the "+" button to add a new condition.

5. From the drop-down list, select "Products selection" and click on "Add".

6. In the "Products" tab, select "Add a product" and search for the product you want to exclude from the discount.

7. Click on the product to add it to the list of selected products.

8. In the "Conditions" tab, select "Exclude on sale products" from the drop-down list.

9 .Save your cart rule and test it.

Alternatively, you can create a specific customer group that excludes products on sale. Here are the steps:

1. Go to the "Customers" section in the back office of your shop.

2. Click on "Groups" and then click on "Add new group".

3. Fill in the basic information for your group (name, description, etc.).

4. Scroll down to the "Discounts" section and click on the "+" button to add a new discount.

5. Select "Discount on price (without taxes)" and fill in the percentage value you want to apply (in your case, 15%).

6. In the "Conditions" tab, select "Exclude on sale products" from the drop-down list.

7. Save your group and test it by assigning a customer to it.

I hope this helps!

15 hours ago, Mian Waqas said:

In Prestashop 1.6.1.18, you can create a cart rule that excludes products on sale by using a specific condition. Here are the steps to achieve this:

1. Go to the "Price Rules" section in the back office of your shop.

2. Click on "Cart Rules" and then click on "Add new cart rule".

3. Fill in the basic information for your cart rule (name, description, etc.).

4. Scroll down to the "Conditions" section and click on the "+" button to add a new condition.

5. From the drop-down list, select "Products selection" and click on "Add".

6. In the "Products" tab, select "Add a product" and search for the product you want to exclude from the discount.

7. Click on the product to add it to the list of selected products.

8. In the "Conditions" tab, select "Exclude on sale products" from the drop-down list.

9 .Save your cart rule and test it.

Alternatively, you can create a specific customer group that excludes products on sale. Here are the steps:

1. Go to the "Customers" section in the back office of your shop.

2. Click on "Groups" and then click on "Add new group".

3. Fill in the basic information for your group (name, description, etc.).

4. Scroll down to the "Discounts" section and click on the "+" button to add a new discount.

5. Select "Discount on price (without taxes)" and fill in the percentage value you want to apply (in your case, 15%).

6. In the "Conditions" tab, select "Exclude on sale products" from the drop-down list.

7. Save your group and test it by assigning a customer to it.

I hope this helps!

Unfortunately, this doesn't help.

I tried asking ChatGPT, and it's coming up with the same recommendations as listed above. I have searched the documentation and it shows my exact screen options. Please check the documentation before adding your recommendations. Thanks in advance: https://docs.prestashop-project.org/1-6-documentation/english-documentation/user-guide/creating-price-rules-and-vouchers/cart-rules#cartrules-conditionstab