Multistore & Categories

ALRA

I was wondering if its possible for different stores in a Multistore Set Up can each have different Categories or do they need to be the same categories added to the main setup?

If so, do I need to add all the categories in the main setup first before setting up another store?

Thanks!

I also did some more research and learned that it's recommended to create a root category for each store but at a loss as to how to do that?  I can see where to add it in the main store, but not in the subsequent stores.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/2/2023 at 3:33 PM, ALRA dice:

I also did some more research and learned that it's recommended to create a root category for each store but at a loss as to how to do that?  I can see where to add it in the main store, but not in the subsequent stores.

Using back office in "all shops" context, on category page you can create a new category and enable it only for the shop you need. Then all the category of that shop will be assigned as it's shild.

Then into multistore setting you can set this category has the root category of the store.