how to speed up the upload of multi-pictures in product description

Thierry0802

Hello,

When i want to upload for example 10 pictures simultaneously in a product description, the result is very slow. It's seems to work 2 by 2 pictures (the progress bar is only on 2 pictures). The upload is fast but after that, somme work (i suppose generation of different size) take a long time... for 10 picture i wait 1 or 2 minutes.

I use Prestashop 1.7.8, with php 7.3 and apache2 server. I have testing different values for php parameter (post_max_size, upload_max_filesize ...) without success.

When i upload a picture on a server 1 process (php-fpm) take 100% of one cpu during, i suppose the resizing time. Different  values for php-fpm parameters doesn't work better...

It is possible to speed up the treatment or to multi-process the task ? Or another solution...

Regards

Try to play around here, maybe :

Back Office > Design > Image Settings

Theoretically, less compression = faster processing = higher file size. CMIIW

Or

try to upload images that have exact spec as one of the setting (e.g. medium_default 452x452)

Or

try to make everything in Image Setting table become X (except maybe product home_default). Just to test if it brings any effect at all to the processing time.

Or

other idea maybe? do you plan to increase 1 CPU to maybe 2?