Which of the 10 paid upgrade modules should I buy? From Prestashop 1.6 on PHP 5.6

I have a lot of past experience with the "free" 1-click upgrade module and it pretty much never works the first time. Don't know if it's because I'm on Godaddy, but I need an alternative that actually recovers from errors instead of just crashing. There are 10 paid modules in the marketplace other than the free option. They all claim to do the job. Most have 5-star reviews, but so does the free one! So what do I trust and why? And why does ETS-Soft have four different upgrade modules? I am currently on Prestashop version 1.6.1.24

A wrench thrown into this is I am currently on PHP 5.6. The lowest option I can choose other than 5.6 is 7.3 (which does not work with Prestashop 1.6). PHP 7.1 is not an option on Godaddy. So I need a module that will work in this scenario and tell me the exact point when I need to switch my PHP version.

MigrationPro: PrestaShop Upgrade and Migration

by MigrationPro

Upgrade to the latest version of PrestaShop 1.7.x or 8 easily with MigrationPro, the go-to choice for eCommerce Agencies, Shop Owners, and even the PrestaShop team. It's trusted by...

$158.99

1 CLICK to Migrate or Upgrade

by ETS-Soft

Top #1 Prestashop migration module! Migrate and upgrade PrestaShop 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 to 1.7 or 8.0. Perfect migration tool to update PrestaShop to the latest version or transfer data...

$79.99

MIGRATION 4.0: Best Upgrade, Migrate...

by ETS-Soft

Best PrestaShop migration module to migrate or upgrade PrestaShop 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 to PrestaShop 1.7 or migrate data between PrestaShop websites (any version) within seconds! #1...

$129.99

1-Click Direct Upgrade to 1.7 - Better, faster & stable

by ETS-Soft

Failed with the Free1-Click Upgrade, didn’t you? This will be your lifesaver! Directly upgrade PrestaShop 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 to the latest version of 1.7 or 8.0 in 1 click. 100% refund guaranteed if no...

$129.99

PS Migrator - upgrade PrestaShop to 1.7 & 8.0

by ETS-Soft

Upgrade PrestaShop 1.6, 1.5, 1.4 or 1.3 to PrestaShop 1.7 or 8.0 in a few clicks! PrestaShop Migrator is the best PrestaShop Migration Pro module that helps you migrate or upgrade your...

$94.99

Prestashop Migration Tool - Upgrade or Migrate to 1.7

by Globo

Speedily upgrade PrestaShop 1.5, 1.6 to 1.7 with ease. Migrate all your store data and keep it advanced and up-to-the-minute while saving tons of time and money with “Prestashop Migration...

$94.99

PrestaShop Migration and Upgrade

by Webkul

Upgrade the PrestaShop version without worrying about losing existing data. Just in a few clicks migrate one PrestaShop data to another PrestaShop. Using our module, admin can migrate...

$129.99

1-Click Upgrade and Migration Tool to 1.7, 8

by Community developer

Migrate PrestaShop to PrestaShop is the best PrestaShop to Prestashop migration module that helps you migrate everything from Old PrestaShop to New Prestashop.

$79.99

Migrator Pro: Best Migrator and Upgrader

by Smart Presta

Easily upgrade from PrestaShop versions 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 to versions 1.6, 1.7 and 8. This is a new, but the best migration module on the market, which safely and securely migrates your...

$79.99

Migrator Pro: Best Migrator and Upgrader Tool

by Community developer

Easily upgrade from PrestaShop versions 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 to versions 1.6, 1.7 and 8. This is a new, but the best migration module on the market, which safely and securely migrates your...

$114.99

Edited by madmartian (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello.
PHP 5.6 can be used up to Prestashop version 1.7.6.
In order to be able to upgrade Prestashop to even higher versions, you need at least PHP 7.1 or 7.2.
If godaddy does not support these versions of Prestashop, you will need to change hosting or hire someone to upgrade your eshop on another hosting.
Another option is to export all data from the database, files from FTP and import them into a clean Prestashop installation. Without knowledge of Prestashop programming, you can lose all data.