I have a question why do we all update Prestahsop

KeyVideo

Hello i have prestashop Version 1.7.6.5 Does my update speed up my store which i use Do I have to do other things to increase the speed of my store? What are the factors that cause the speed of the store, and what are the factors that cause a slowdown Do I have to subscribe to content delivery services CDN What is the site that provides this service at the lowest cost, in addition to a good speed, regardless of the number of products in the store In the end, will the update be beneficial to the speed of the store that is used For Prestashop

All updates brings you new functionality, fix bugs and improve security. If upgrade will allow you to switch to heigher PHP version it for shure bring you better performace. If your site is slow you should at first reduce it weight. For example PrestaShop 8.0.1 allows you to use PHP 8.1 and by default there you have webp image format so only those two changes give you a lot in performance, if you also reduce your site weight you can have really good load time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, endriu107 said:

All updates brings you new functionality, fix bugs and improve security. If upgrade will allow you to switch to heigher PHP version it for shure bring you better performace. If your site is slow you should at first reduce it weight. For example PrestaShop 8.0.1 allows you to use PHP 8.1 and by default there you have webp image format so only those two changes give you a lot in performance, if you also reduce your site weight you can have really good load time.

thank you mr @endriu107 for your replay but if i have  to  update i cant get the version 8.0.1 my problem with update i have custom css design in my store prestashop if i want to update i see all design Canceled How do I maintain my design if i want to update my Prestashop must me download all css files only 

If you have done your theme adjustments as recommended they are upgrade save - so css adjustments only in custom.css file and tpl adjustment in a child theme.
Nevertheless the parent theme and modules might need to be upgraded as well, so make sure you have the latest versions available and always test the upgrade on test-clone instance carefully.

32 minutes ago, JBW said:

If you have done your theme adjustments as recommended they are upgrade save - so css adjustments only in custom.css file and tpl adjustment in a child theme.
Nevertheless the parent theme and modules might need to be upgraded as well, so make sure you have the latest versions available and always test the upgrade on test-clone instance carefully.

No, my problem is that after the update, some of the designs are gone