Paypal module thinks cURL is not enabled

Zulgrib

And it is enabled according to phpinfo().

I've seen other threads mentioning the site may be "private", removing the maintenance mode doesn't help.

There are no htaccess in effect because nginx is the web server, not apache. nginx was configured like shown in Prestashop's documentation, literally copy/pasted, just changed the host, root and cert path.

What is the module trying to verify to estimate cURL is installed ? Official Prestashop documentation for nginx specifically blocks dot files.

The server runs an up to date version of Debian 11, all the package are at their last version.

Capture du 2023-01-28 22-12-10.png

Capture du 2023-01-28 22-10-13.png

Capture du 2023-01-28 22-08-53.png

Il y a 5 heures, Zulgrib a dit :

I'm not using a shared hosting and have root access, in which matter OVH have something to do with this? 

Because the only cases I've come across with this problem were all at OVH and to my knowledge, they all had to change hosts.

So if you are the manager of this server, certainly you will find the solution, maybe it can be used to inform OVH what they have to do on their servers.

After more verification, it looks like a module error. (Potential incompatibility with nginx)

The module tries to access 

module/paypal/tlscurltestserver

this file do not exist within the module.

Second problem, the string wrongly reports a cURL problem while the real problem is accessing this test file and not cURL. Poor wording choices has been made.

Opened a github issue since i'm now sure this is a module error and not a configuration error.

https://github.com/202-ecommerce/paypal/issues/173

il y a 1 minute, Zulgrib a dit :

After more verification, it looks like a module error. (Potential incompatibility with nginx)

The module tries to access 

module/paypal/tlscurltestserver

this file do not exist within the module.

Second problem, the string wrongly reports a cURL problem while the real problem is accessing this test file and not cURL. Poor wording choices has been made.

Opened a github issue since i'm now sure this is a module error and not a configuration error.

https://github.com/202-ecommerce/paypal/issues/173

This problem has existed for years on this module, frankly, we wonder sometimes how the modules officially partner of PrestaShop are developed.