Exchange rate live update using corn

Hi, ive been creating a store, of multiple currencies,but everytime i had to update the prices manually by clicking the update prices,

i was using prestashop 1.7.8.8
now i updated to 8.0.1,

i want to setup corn job for automatically updation of prices,

i then read the devloper doc for setting of cron job for the same,

Im a noob at programming, couldnt undertsand how to set it up, got stuck at "secure key"
althought i found cookie key as mention but i dont know what to do next as stated secure key

secondly i looked at corn job at my host this is what it looks like, it has 2 options php and custom.

can someone help me with me, it would be a great gesture of yours

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (28).png

upload 1.png

• 1 month later...

I am in the excact same situation as you are (and stuck at the same point). I would love to get this working so that I dont have to worry about updating the exchange rate maunally every day. Did you get this working yet?

## EDIT ##

I found this walkthrough and so far things look good.

It's for a previous version of Prestashop, but I think it's still good. I have made a note of the current values in the currency section and will know in 24 hours if they have auto updated via the new cron job. Hope it helps

Edited by ttimmy2005 (see edit history)

On 3/11/2023 at 1:41 AM, ttimmy2005 said:

I am in the excact same situation as you are (and stuck at the same point). I would love to get this working so that I dont have to worry about updating the exchange rate maunally every day. Did you get this working yet?

## EDIT ##

I found this walkthrough and so far things look good.

It's for a previous version of Prestashop, but I think it's still good. I have made a note of the current values in the currency section and will know in 24 hours if they have auto updated via the new cron job. Hope it helps

ive already solved this, using corn job, its working quite good from past month.