Override folder deprecated?

ptityop

Hi,

You talk about an outdated feature, but without ever specifying the PrestaShop version used, which would greatly help to understand in what context you have this impression.

When you modify, add, or delete a class in the overrides and nothing happens, either your code is badly done or it is not taken into account.

In any case, to eliminate the second case, it is preferable to delete the file class_index.php on your installation, I imagine, in your words, that you use a version 1.7, this file is then in the cache directory /prod or dev depending on your use case.

https://www.mediacom87.fr/en/faq-how-to-clear-the-cache-manually-on-prestashop-17/

• Like 1

Hey, sorry, I am using latest 1.8.8 version. I do not think it has to do with the code as the only line that is changed there was to replace NO_NUMERIC to NUMERIC and it works fine if changed in the original file. But once place in overrides it has no effect ....

public static function generateReference()
    {
        return strtoupper(Tools::passwdGen(9, 'NO_NUMERIC'));
    }

I did not delete anything in the var folder as this file is not present there but I will give it a go and post the result ! Thanks for your contribution !

9 hours ago, ptityop said:

Hey, sorry, I am using latest 1.8.8 version. I do not think it has to do with the code as the only line that is changed there was to replace NO_NUMERIC to NUMERIC and it works fine if changed in the original file. But once place in overrides it has no effect ....

public static function generateReference()
    {
        return strtoupper(Tools::passwdGen(9, 'NO_NUMERIC'));
    }

I did not delete anything in the var folder as this file is not present there but I will give it a go and post the result ! Thanks for your contribution !

For changing order reference use this module : https://addons.prestashop.com/en/checkout-modules/87084-change-customize-order-reference.html

This forum apart from the JOB section is about helping Prestashop users for free. You keep offering overpriced and pointless modules.
There are many examples of how to override Order.php and how to change the creation of the reference. The offer of paid modules should only be a last resort if there is no free alternative.

• Like 1