Shipping metords at checkout

Petter Enge

Hello

I am not using any module from a shipping other than what is included in Prestashop.

Here is an example

Item 1 is a larger item and soct 175,- in shipping and the shipping metod is "Registered packet"

Item 2 is a small one that goes into an envelope and the price for shipping is 60,- and the shipping metod is "small packet"

If I order them separetly the shipping cost is okay but if I order one of each, combined order, the only shipping alternative at check out is "mall packet" which again is only 60,- and way to low.  The "Registered packet does not show up as an alternative".

Why is that happen ?

I would like "Registered packet" to be the only alternative as the largest item has to decide the shipping metod.

Any clue ?

Petter

As per prestashop default functionality, If there are 2 products in cart. Product 1 is mapped with carrier 1 and product 2 is mapped with carrier 2, In that case at the checkout page, only 1 carrier is displayed , but that carrier is consist both the carrier ID i.e 1,2

On placing the order, 2 orders are created with same reference. But 1st order contain the shipping as carrier 1 and 2nd order contains shipping as carrier 2.

So in your case, kindly map the large products with the "Registered packet" and small products with "small packet", so after palcing the order, 2 order are generated for respective order with order 1 with carrier "Registered packet" and order 2 with carrier "small packet" with respective shipping cost.