Insert Google Analytics code without a Module

roque_06

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use Google Analytics.  I have created my account and got the G- code for my website.  I have installed the Googl Analytics module and copied this code but it doesn't work, I have the message "No data received from your website".

I had a look in the forum and found out that there's no compatibility for Prestashop( I am using 1.7.8).

My question is, how andwhere I have to insert the script I have from Google in Prestashop, I edited the .tpl files and I can't see where to do it.

Anybody can help me please?

Thank you very much.

Hello @roque_06
Open file: /themes/THEMENAME/templates/layouts/layout-both-columns.tpl
On about line 35-37 you will see the <body> tag open. immediately after him put {literal} and {/literal}.
Between the two literal tags put the code from google analytics. For me it works fine this way on both version 1.6 and version 1.7.

Best regards.

Hello catzarov,

Thank you very much for your answer, I have pasted the code from google analytics and know the Tag assistant views the data. I don't how long I have to wait to see the data receiving to Google Analytics, but now I now where to place it!!! thanx so much and I'll wait to see the data !!!

Best Regards !!!