Technical questions before migrating from Magento

JustJohn

We've built a store on Magento, however ran into some issues that are difficult to solve. I'm thinking of rebuilding a store from scratch on Prestashop but before that I'd like to know if it's possible to implement several things there with relative ease. So is it possible to:

1. Change the SKU of a product dynamically in a theme if a different color/size/whatever is selected on the product page
  2. POST products using JSON instead of XML (is it possible to easily convert my generated JSON to Prestashop's XML?)
  3. Delete products via REST API
  4. Add custom attributes to products like Magento's multiple select, dropdown, text area...
  5. Get filters to work on complex/configurable products "correctly" with custom attributes (explained below)
  6. Ability to provide two prices to initiate sales and ability to put discount percentage and soldout badges on products

So #5 is the most important issue that I couldn't solve in Magento. Consider a product that comes in several sizes with a custom attribute listing three warehouses: A, B and C. So in that product for example in size "XL" the warehouses availability attribute contains "A, C"; product in size "M" has warehouses listed as "A, B" and so forth. The issue with Magento is that I cannot filter products of size "XL" that are available at warehouse "A" because when selecting both "XL" and "A" filters, Magento would display products that come in size XL at any location and any one of its sizes (be it XS, M, L) is available at warehouse "A". Whereas I need the filter to not display XL-sized products that are not available at "A". The end result is that when such a combination of filters is selected, I see products that are out of stock in a specific location. So I wonder how Prestashop operates in that regard.

Would love to hear your comments and hopefully jump ship because Magento is a bit of a pain to work with.

Edited by JustJohn (see edit history)