Prestashop international shipping confusion, why is this such a pain to configure?

I got an email from a customer, they couldn't make a purchase because they live in Germany and I'm shipping from the USA and it was only giving them options to select USA as destination country.  I thought it was all enabled, but apparently I had to go further into International/Locations and click the countries tab and painstakingly select each country to add and click the edit button and then enable.  Well I did that for the country the customer is in.  It updated, I cleared cache.  I went to the front end and went through a mock order, and Germany was in the drop down list.  But now, when you select it, it says

"Unfortunately, there are no carriers available for your delivery address"

Why is this not working.  What hidden option did I miss?  I have setup two shipping options, one for domestic and one for international.  They're flat rate so nothing needs to be calculated.

I'm going to end up losing a sale because Prestashop is not easy to understand when it comes to the simple things like international shipping.

image.thumb.png.b43805a2face72340051bf4470c0c61c.pngZones

image.thumb.png.d3863bc294dac21a384a31b6f3c901a9.png

This is the country and zone that show enabled

image.thumb.png.6f649e24adc9a62eabba75ffe0c7aa14.png

This is the international shipping carrier screen showing the zone is enabled

image.png.894bbe140a64f203538a5e6841b99d40.png

This is what happens when a buyer tries to make a purchase.

Why is this happening and how do I fix this?  I'm using Prestashop 1.7.8.7

Thank you

I was able to get around this issue.  Apparently it is caused by changing addresses at checkout or saving twice.  There are allegedly many ways this error occurs, some of the fixes included pasting strings of code into prestashop somewhere, but that was prior to 1.7.  For me, I just needed to erase everything inside the cart and put them back in and go through the checkout process again.

If a customer tells you they can't place an order because it says there are no carriers available.  One possible fix is to have them erase everything in their cart and add those items back in and go through checkout again.  Not sure how well it will work since there are more than one way for this error to come up.  For me specifically I changed the address from a USA address to a Germany address.