Ghost files after clean install and database migration from 1.7.6.7 to 1.7.8.7 theme.css, core.js etc

Dhaerow8

Basically Im struggling with issues after clean install of 1.7.8.7 and database migration.

Files like theme.ss and core.js have their ghost version somehow.
If I remove theme.css from the theme folder obviously the styles are messed up however if I remove everything from it everything is fine like there was a cached version of it.

Same with core.js. I have an issue with cart not updating so I was trying to use the core.js from an old version but it wont take it into account.
It keeps using the "ghost" one. If thought I just created a file and named it core.js (empty file).

To deal with CSS issues I use css module as it has higher priority over theme.css. No idea what to do with core.js if I cannot replace it at all.

Prestashop cache is disabled, server cache is also switched off (debug mode) and tried flashing it multiple times.

image.thumb.png.59dabe5b1038f6fe8312903c5b97bb56.pngimage.thumb.png.eedc427309988022fc04ed45206901dd.png

Edited by Dhaerow8 (see edit history)

I have realised that it works fine if I enable the cache on performance tab. 
Then it doesnt take theese "ghost" files into account.
However if I disable the cache there are still being used even though they are not visible on filezilla.