How to create an order for a virtual product from back office

Hi,

I am creating an order for a virtual product from inside the back office.

1. After selecting the customer.
2. Adding product to cart.
3. Selecting address.
4. THE PROCESS GET STUCKED saying "No carrier can be applied to this order."

Screenshot of the whole page is attached. 
screencapture-gstbymm-bo-index-php-sell-orders-new-2022-08-27-19_50_26.thumb.png.7f1ef83aa6d6b1d51ebfddbf5357eca0.png

Hello prestashopper.

First idea that comes to my mind is that the address that you have selected for this order, is not in any of the supported zones by any carrier. You need to check your carrier and your address, particularly the country and state of address, make sure that there is at least one carrier which has either zone of country or state and it is active in that specific zone. Search for it and you will find out, it is simple.

4 minutes ago, stifler97 said:

Hello prestashopper.

First idea that comes to my mind is that the address that you have selected for this order, is not in any of the supported zones by any carrier. You need to check your carrier and your address, particularly the country and state of address, make sure that there is at least one carrier which has either zone of country or state and it is active in that specific zone. Search for it and you will find out, it is simple.

Thanks for your reply. The point is whether address really matter in case of a virtual product? Secondly, is shipping information really mandatory to create an order of a virtual product from BO when the same is not mandatory when the order is placed from front office. 

I just tried with ps 1.7.8.7 and these are the results:

1. In FrontOffice the shipping step is ignored when cart is considered virtual

2. In BackOffice the shipping step remains there and you need to select one

Generally, I know that there is only one method call to create an order in prestashop, it is called validateOrder(), since this method needs some parameters to process a cart and create an order it is good for any developer to get to know them. This method is designed in a way to create both physical and virtual orders, so we can say that, address and delivery step can be parts or parameters. In conclusion, no matter what type the order is going to be, there must be an address and a delivery method respectively. It seems like that in front office this delivery is set automatically, but in back office it is supposed that the admin or shop owner selects an option of available shipping methods. Although, I am not pretty sure about this, and I just described what I have just observed, I recommend you do this test once for your self in FO and BO. As far as I know you have to select an address and a delivery option for any order.

7 hours ago, stifler97 said:

I just tried with ps 1.7.8.7 and these are the results:

1. In FrontOffice the shipping step is ignored when cart is considered virtual

2. In BackOffice the shipping step remains there and you need to select one

Generally, I know that there is only one method call to create an order in prestashop, it is called validateOrder(), since this method needs some parameters to process a cart and create an order it is good for any developer to get to know them. This method is designed in a way to create both physical and virtual orders, so we can say that, address and delivery step can be parts or parameters. In conclusion, no matter what type the order is going to be, there must be an address and a delivery method respectively. It seems like that in front office this delivery is set automatically, but in back office it is supposed that the admin or shop owner selects an option of available shipping methods. Although, I am not pretty sure about this, and I just described what I have just observed, I recommend you do this test once for your self in FO and BO. As far as I know you have to select an address and a delivery option for any order.

Thanks for your reply. I am using the same version of Prestashop but here in my case even after selecting an address and creating a carrier from the shipping section the process gets stuck there with what is attached in the SS. The created carrier is not get displayed to select at the time of creating the order. The same error is shown "No carrier can be applied to this order."

I think this error is perfect as it is a virtual product however due to any bug the process gets stuck there and the next steps don't get shown to place the order.