Categorie on frontpage

Lizenka

Good day, I'm trying to add different categories to my front page of my webshop, but I can't see them. We installed prestashop and wanted to start uploading products and adding categories. But just with the theme of Prestashop. Is that possible or do we have to buy a theme first? I would like to hear from you?

Goeiedag,

Ik probeer verschillende categorie aan mijn voorpagina van mijn webshop toe te voegen, maar het lukt mij niet ze te zien. Wij hebben prestashop geinstalleerd en wilde beginnen op producten te uploaden en categorieen toe te voegen. Maar gewoon met de theme van Prestashop. Kan dat of moeten we eerst een theme kopen?

Ik hoor graag van jullie?

What do you mean by adding categories in home page?

Do you want to list categories like a menu?

for this you can use menu module

Do you want to list products of each category in home page in separate sections?

for this one you need to use some modules, free or paid or custom made

20 hours ago, stifler97 said:

What do you mean by adding categories in home page?

Do you want to list categories like a menu?

for this you can use menu module

Do you want to list products of each category in home page in separate sections?

for this one you need to use some modules, free or paid or custom made

Hi. Stifler,

Thank you for your answer.

See photo for wht i mean catergories on the frontpage. the photo named categorieen is the current website we are building. The second photo categorieen 2 is what i want on the front page.

As said we haven't install any module or theme this is only the prestahop webshop when you install it. 

Can it be that we first have to install modules or a theme?

categorieen.jpg

categorieen 2.jpg

You can enable left or right column in any page you want, for example on index page, also you can hook some modules in those column like ps_categorytree module. All option you need are in backoffice I think you do not spend enough time to know it possibilities.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, endriu107 said:

You can enable left or right column in any page you want, for example on index page, also you can hook some modules in those column like ps_categorytree module. All option you need are in backoffice I think you do not spend enough time to know it possibilities.

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't find it that is why I popped a question. 

Main question now is: is the PC version (Installed on PC) of prestashop better than the one via internet.

30 minutes ago, Lizenka said:

Main question now is: is the PC version (Installed on PC) of prestashop better than the one via internet.

This question is not releted with this topic.

Read forum rules: 

1 Topic = 1 Subject or 1 Question
- If you have more than one question, open more than one new topic!
- Do not ask your question on a thread that doesn’t deal with the exact same matter. Open a new thread, it’s alright to do so

• Like 1