Save Article as different currency

ChiroxT

Hi,

i have articles, which have EUR as main currency and calculate as USD, if the user has set to USD.
The problem is, that i also have some articles, which needs USD as main currency and calculate the EUR price.

At the creation for new Articles, i can't change the currency and since it is stuck to the main currency set in localization.

How can a achieve what i need?

Sincerely

Timo Treichel

This is a good answer for you:

The currency is a shop-wide display configuration

It is not specific to a single product. and you can not do that. You cant find something like that in the documents : https://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Currencies

But you can find a module or ask a developer to create one for you, this module should change the current currency for the customer when visiting product detail page.

Imagine you have product A and B. Shortly we call them p-A and p-B. We set euro for p-A as default currency and dolor for p-B as well. Customer logs in and at first every thing is displayed in euros. Then he clicks on a link to p-B details. Just before the loading of the page, you can check what was the default currency of this product and set it for the view. It was dolor so we do set dolor as current selected currency. That's all.

Another scenario is when p-A and p-B are listed in one page. Lets say they both come from a single category. They are listed next to each other in one page, now you what you want is to display p-A price in euros and p-B price in dolors. Isn't it weird? I think this would make your customers confused and that is why prestashop does not have this by default. It does not make sense

I guess, i have to learn how to write modules for prestashop, since i am a developer myself.

PrestaShop haves a feature, where you can change the visible currency and it calculates from price from the exchange-rates, so in a category, there should only the chosen price be listed ... just the base price shall depend on the currency of the article.