SOLVED: 1.7.8.7 Front end not showing cart and seach icon

rickyelqasem

The shopping cart icon is not displaying and instead showing the text "shopping_cart" overlayed over the word basket.

Same with the search icon. Its just the word search overlayed over the words search out catalog.

I'm using the default template and not changed anything except for updates.

any ideas?

presta-icon.jpg

Edited by rickyelqasem (see edit history)

• rickyelqasem changed the title to 1.7.8.7 Front end not showing cart and seach icon

This seems like your font or image assets are not loading properly and instead you see the alt text of images. Did you clear the cache?

You can do a check to see if the images exists and links are valid. Right click on icons and inspect element. Then find the link in html code. Open that in a new tab and verify it is loading. I guess it wont load because links are changed or maybe you need to clear cache and try again

6 minutes ago, stifler97 said:

This seems like your font or image assets are not loading properly and instead you see the alt text of images. Did you clear the cache?

You can do a check to see if the images exists and links are valid. Right click on icons and inspect element. Then find the link in html code. Open that in a new tab and verify it is loading. I guess it wont load because links are changed or maybe you need to clear cache and try again

When I inspect the icon I do not see a url for the icon file in the html. I read that the 1.7.8.0 wipes out the themes > classic > assetes > css folder and when I look at mine compared to the downloaded zip I only have 2 files. I see people recomend to restore the css from the zip file. 

• rickyelqasem changed the title to SOLVED: 1.7.8.7 Front end not showing cart and seach icon