Catalog Price Rules Shows Discount To All Users When Only One User Meets Specified Rule

codesigns

I'm running 1.7.8.7 under php 7.4.30. I have catalog price rules set for wholesale discounts. I have noticed that when I enter a quantity of 10 for a product and add it to the cart a discount flag of -%5 appears when on the product listing page to let the user know they are now receiving the discount. This is great however, when testing on another computer, as well as my phone, both of which are using different browsers and a different connection and with nothing in those carts, the discount flag of -5% is also showing for that product as well indicating that when one person meets the rules, every other user will see a discounted price on the product listing page. I will also note that sometimes it doesn't appear right away even for the user with items in their cart.

I have noticed that it does not appear on the actual product page nor does it actually change the price during checkout, it only appears on the listing page and only for a short duration, after about 5-10 minutes it disappears even for the user with the actual items in the cart.

Has anybody else noticed this or can anybody else replicate this and does anybody know why this might be happening?

Edited by codesigns (see edit history)