Prestashop 1.7.6.4 Address form on Checkout

Mark C

20 minutes ago, Mark C said:

sorry. i think my question is wrong. specifically, how can i make the city field a dropdown? and adding a zone field.

thanks

You can not do it in BO because there is no table for city in prestashop by default. You have to add the functionality your self or use a module for that. If you want to add a city table just take a look at the country table and forms. It is a new object model that has id_country and id_state where it blongs to. And you need to modify some other files both in BO and FO to get to this.

10 minutes ago, stifler97 said:

You can not do it in BO because there is no table for city in prestashop by default. You have to add the functionality your self or use a module for that. If you want to add a city table just take a look at the country table and forms. It is a new object model that has id_country and id_state where it blongs to. And you need to modify some other files both in BO and FO to get to this.

sorry . i mean states. i need the states field to be a dropdown

59 minutes ago, stifler97 said:

If you do not see any states to choose from in your address form for a desired country, then you might not have defined any states for that country. Check BO and the states config list, look for those states and verify their country

i saw it, and done on configuration. But it appears duplicate on dropdown because there are multiple zones on every state.

Edited by Mark C (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Mark C said:

i saw it, and done on configuration. But it appears duplicate on dropdown because there are multiple zones on every state.

So there is some thing wrong logically. Its obvious that each state must belong to one and only one zone. Duplication does not make sense.

28 minutes ago, stifler97 said:

So there is some thing wrong logically. Its obvious that each state must belong to one and only one zone. Duplication does not make sense.

yes. my client mistakenly interchange the name and zone when they encode it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 7:00 AM, Mark C said:

how about zones? is it possible to make it also a dropdown?

I have not seen such a thing in any shop yet. I do not understand the business need behind this drop down. So that might be the reason why there is no such option. Anyway, you can check this in BO for any country you wish to sell products and modify their address form. This is all you have by default and no more is provided as this must work in a general purpose. You need to ask a developer to add custom functionalities if you are in a need for any.

image.thumb.png.540da98f5f2d0d0500d98d07b9f91e48.png

Edited by stifler97 (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, stifler97 said:

I have not seen such a thing in any shop yet. I do not understand the business need behind this drop down. So that might be the reason why there is no such option. Anyway, you can check this in BO for any country you wish to sell products and modify their address form. This is all you have by default and no more is provided as this must work in a general purpose. You need to ask a developer to add custom functionalities if you are in a need for any.

image.thumb.png.540da98f5f2d0d0500d98d07b9f91e48.png

Thanks for your reply.

The reason that i want the zones dropdown is that i create custom states for My Country.

Now these states are on the same list with all others states.

So i want these custom states to be filtering if i choose one specific zone.