Help with Header CSS Since upgrading to 1.7.8.7

d2iautosound

Hi all so i recently upgraded from 1.7.6.x ( or so) to 1.7.8.7 as i got an email basically telling me i had to for security 🤬 and now its messed a bit up with my website header.

So its added a white background to the header-top. If i'm in console i can inspect the element and find the background that's been added and remove it but this background does not exist in the theme.css file.

Also the search bar has now added arrows to scroll left and right and up and down ( see image 1) 

I have done a search and replaced every white background in the theme.css file with transparent and still no fix. 

This background isn't just white as when the screen changes sizes (responsive theme) it switches from white to black but not transparent like it used to be before the update.

Looking at the file where this background info is, it is in the cache css within the theme i am using. 

If i change it there it fixes the issue but i'm worried it will only be fixed with me or my device and potentially still have issues elsewhere. Not only that but this is just for the home page as there is other css issues when you go to other pages 

If i go to another page then the header background becomes grey and the text becomes invisible ( buttons are there but text is not visible) as when i switch the background colour off or to transparent then the text still isn't there either (See image 6, 7, 😎 for what i mean. So that background is listed once again in another cached css file so id have to go through all pages and change them for probably no reason as im assuming the issue will be coming from elsewhere. 

Any ideas where i could start looking? 

thanks 

Header8.jpg

Header7.jpg

Header6.jpg

Header5.jpg

Header4.jpg

Header3.jpg

Header2.jpg

Header1.jpg

You should never alter the cached files because it's pointless.

If you've made the changes to the correct css files, just clear the cache (at the top of the page in Advanced Parameters -> Performance) and the cached css files will be regenerated.

If you're not sure which is the actual css file you need to edit, temporarily turn off "Smart Cache for CSS" in Performance, then inspect the element in the front end and you'll see the actual css files instead of the cached ones. Just remember to turn it back on after.

For the arrows/scrollbars on the search box, you can add...

div#search_widget {overflow: hidden;}

... to your custom.css

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lordignus said:

You should never alter the cached files because it's pointless.

If you've made the changes to the correct css files, just clear the cache (at the top of the page in Advanced Parameters -> Performance) and the cached css files will be regenerated.

If you're not sure which is the actual css file you need to edit, temporarily turn off "Smart Cache for CSS" in Performance, then inspect the element in the front end and you'll see the actual css files instead of the cached ones. Just remember to turn it back on after.

For the arrows/scrollbars on the search box, you can add...

div#search_widget {overflow: hidden;}

... to your custom.css

Hope that helps.

Ahh perfect thankyou i was at a loss how to stop the cached css. So if i turn off smart cache for css will the cached files be instantly deleted or just not used and the source will come from the actual css?

Thanks, 
Darcy