Adding a label to Minimum quantity

Mark C

On the guest and customer's view, the product page will show "The minimum purchase order quantity for the product is xxxx."

How can i append a unit like Liters or pcs so it will look like "The minimum purchase order quantity for the product is xxxx Liters." ?

thanks

7 minutes ago, Mark C said:

Is it possible to be a variable? One product is in pieces while others are in Liters

If it's variable there's no quick-and-easy way as far as I know, you'd need a custom module or at least some overrides/template modifications, or I guess you could do it some hacky way with JS and a hidden element in the product description or something containing the correct unit for the product.

Just thinking out loud 😄

This is interesting topic. As the "Liters" or "Pieces" are unit entities and they are attached to product. So, we can use their data in front templates. But it should be tested. I recommend you at first step to dump all data about the product in front template file and look for the unit data. If it is there you can use it easily.

You Need to Assign the stock data as per the product on the controllers/front/ProductController.php , and use the same on "/themes/{Your-theme}/templates/catalog/_partials/product-add-to-cart.tpl".

On the Above tpl file,  Add the HTMLcontent , even you can add js changes in the "themes/{Your-theme}/assets/js/theme.js".

If you want to creata a field for Litre in the Admin product page, so it wil be better if you use the hook "hookDisplayAdminProductsExtra" like,

public function hookDisplayAdminProductsExtra($params)
    {
               //Your code
               return $this->display(__FILE__, 'views/templates/admin/tpl_name.tpl');
    }

->You can save the data using the hook "hookActionProductSave" like,

public function hookActionProductSave($params)
    {
               //Your code
    }

As if you add the same next to the "Minimum quantity for sale", it will be very complex prcess.

On 7/20/2022 at 2:20 AM, Knowband Plugins said:

You Need to Assign the stock data as per the product on the controllers/front/ProductController.php , and use the same on "/themes/{Your-theme}/templates/catalog/_partials/product-add-to-cart.tpl".

On the Above tpl file,  Add the HTMLcontent , even you can add js changes in the "themes/{Your-theme}/assets/js/theme.js".

from this idea, I think I can use the "unity" column. I will just edit the tpl file in "/themes/{Your-theme}/templates/catalog/_partials/product-add-to-cart.tpl". Is this code below correct?

{l
          s='The minimum purchase order quantity for the product is %quantity% %unity%.'
          d='Shop.Theme.Checkout'
          sprintf=['%quantity%' => $product.minimal_quantity, '%unity%' => $product.unity]
          }

Edited by Mark C (see edit history)

On 7/27/2022 at 1:01 PM, Mark C said:

from this idea, I think I can use the "unity" column. I will just edit the tpl file in "/themes/{Your-theme}/templates/catalog/_partials/product-add-to-cart.tpl". Is this code below correct?

{l
          s='The minimum purchase order quantity for the product is %quantity% %unity%.'
          d='Shop.Theme.Checkout'
          sprintf=['%quantity%' => $product.minimal_quantity, '%unity%' => $product.unity]
          }

Yes It is correct, it will result as : https://nimb.ws/LSUbEq