specific product or category will have an "order only" procedure

Mark C

Actually the checkout process has to be done, no matter how the payment or delivery option is. You should define exactly what steps do you need in checkout and what steps are going to be skipped. As far as I understood, you want this to happen only for some products, so this way you should add a checking process before placing the order. For example you have product A which is a normal product with normal and default checkout, then there is another product B which is only availbe for COD. So you have to check the cart constantly. If there is a type A product, you can not add a type B in the cart, the same happens if you have a product of type B in cart, you can not add type A in the cart, because the payment option is only availabe for type B products.

7 minutes ago, Mark C said:

i have some products that needs to skip the payment process since it will be ordered only, no amount or zero amount. is that possible?

Basically, you can not skip payment process.

In your case your customers either pay before or after delivery of products. So there is a payment process. But, at first step they do not pay any thing. They just place an order with no payment. But the order is awaiting a payment. So it is just easy to do with COD. But you should set a checking process which checks your cart items, and if there is one item in cart like those specific products, then your customers are able to place the order with COD and pay later after delivery. You need to override the checkout process for checking your cart items.

Edited by stifler97 (see edit history)

i add the product with zero amount. On orders page i will see it as free order. opening the details, i can edit the amount under products section. at the bottom which is payment section, i see an initial record with amount of zero and the amount i entered will be added as a new record. I think this is fine as of now. I am thinking if this will be or not be a problem on extracting reports. what are your thoughts?

Edited by Mark C (see edit history)