How to put color variations into product thumbnail ?

3sens

Hi There

I'm pretty new to Prestashop but am currently  revamping the overall style of an existing webshop.

What I would like to achieve is that under the category page, the product thumbnails show as well the different colors. There will be a lot of colors so I would like to present it as below.  Is there a fairly easy way to achieve this ?

Thanks for helping me out.

570787997_CleanShot2022-07-18at15_11_43.png.50a2839473c4f8a685c1a847cc566507.png

7 minutes ago, endriu107 said:

Classic theme have this option in default, all you need is add combinations with colors.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Where can I find this setting to enable/disable? I cannot see it. 

Thanks Endriu107

Kindly add the below code after the "product_name" block in /themes/classic/templates/catalog/_partials/miniatures/product.tpl.

{block name='product_variants'}
            {if $product.main_variants}
              {include file='catalog/_partials/variant-links.tpl' variants=$product.main_variants}
            {/if}
   {/block}

Screenshot for reference : https://nimb.ws/ZpERBN  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Knowband Plugins said:

Kindly add the below code after the "product_name" block in /themes/classic/templates/catalog/_partials/miniatures/product.tpl.

{block name='product_variants'}
            {if $product.main_variants}
              {include file='catalog/_partials/variant-links.tpl' variants=$product.main_variants}
            {/if}
   {/block}

Screenshot for reference : https://nimb.ws/ZpERBN  

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Unfortunately I cannot get iyt to work.

Changed the file, saved it and variants do not show up. :(
They do show up in product quick view. 

Any other suggestions ? Is there maybe a toggle in Prestashop that can activate/deactivate this option ?

944281815_CleanShot2022-07-19at09_06_00.thumb.png.e107bc58876cc6bdd84983952b08c687.png

On 7/18/2022 at 6:24 PM, 3sens said:

I am using the classic theme but did just some CSS tweaking.

On screen you share I notice that you use some module with "elementor" if it have impact on products list you should check into it configuration mybe there is option to enable this variation.

13 hours ago, endriu107 said:

On screen you share I notice that you use some module with "elementor" if it have impact on products list you should check into it configuration mybe there is option to enable this variation.

Hi Endriu107,

Well noticed ! :) I use Creative Elements pagebuilder based on Elementor.
Until now you do not have the possibility to edit category pages with CE, so the category template is anyhow untouched.

I tried to disable CE but that does not show up the color variations in the product miniature.

13 hours ago, Knowband Plugins said:

Can you please share your "/themes/classic/templates/catalog/_partials/miniatures/product.tpl" file so that we can suggest something else.

Hello,

Please find attached the file. Thanks a lot in advance for looking into this. 👍

product.tpl