Module PS Facebook - Your account wasn't connected The currency BGN currently associated with your website isn't supported on Facebook

nikolaik

Hi guys,

I have a PS shop (PS 1.7.8.5) and I want to connect it to a Facebook page and FB shop to display catalogue, use messenger chat etc. My shop has Bulgarian lev (BGN) and Euro (EUR) currencies active. I am trying to link the PS Facebook module to my FB account but I receive error:

"Your account wasn't connected

The currency BGN currently associated with your website isn't supported on Facebook. Contact PrestaShop Social Media for support."

Facebook does not support BGN but why should this be a reason to not connect 2 accounts?

Please advise of how to fix this. 

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

• 11 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 4:03 PM, nikolaik said:

why should this be a reason to not connect 2 accounts?

Hi,

When you attempt to integrate your PrestaShop shop with your Facebook account, Facebook's system checks whether the currency used in your store (in this case, BGN) is on the list of supported currencies.

Since Facebook does not support BGN as a valid currency for transactions on its platform, it cannot establish a direct connection with your PrestaShop account that operates in BGN.

To solve this, use one of these approaches :

1. Change your PrestaShop store's default currency to a supported currency on Facebook, such as EUR (Euro). This way, the currency used in your store will be compatible with Facebook's payment processing system.

2. Implement a currency conversion feature in your PrestaShop store. This means that your store will display product prices in a supported currency (e.g., EUR) on Facebook, and the actual transaction will be processed in BGN based on the current exchange rate.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:17 AM, AddWeb Solution said:

To solve this, use one of these approaches :

1. Change your PrestaShop store's default currency to a supported currency on Facebook, such as EUR (Euro). This way, the currency used in your store will be compatible with Facebook's payment processing system.

2. Implement a currency conversion feature in your PrestaShop store. This means that your store will display product prices in a supported currency (e.g., EUR) on Facebook, and the actual transaction will be processed in BGN based on the current exchange rate.

Hi guys,

Since it was my enquiry I feel it might be of help to someone to share my experience:

AddWeb Solution, it's not an option to change my default currency to Euro and thus look for an solution. I had to adopt environment to my shop and not my shop to the environment, since the owners operate mainly on BG market and sell in BGN.

I was in an intensive research to find why wasn't this working. Appeared it was a fault in the default PS Facebook module. The developers said they are working on update but didn't give me a deadline for release and therefore I was not sure when/if this would be fixed. Therefore I went for using an alternative/paid module. This is the "Facebook Dynamic Ads + Pixel & Conversions API". It worked perfectly and allowed me to synchronise my online shop with the FB shop.

You can take a look if you are interested at:

https://www.facebook.com/shopfishmania.eu/shop/?view_public_for=1582739368615266&ref_code=mini_shop_profile_tile_shop_card&ref_surface=profile

...... and yes, the FB shop is in BGN.

Thanks and hope this helps someone.