Additional product customisation options including more file types

Chalkie

Hi there,

I am creating a shop for clients who would upload their logo/slogan for either print or embroidery, what we want is an option of where they would like the logo and depending on location and size adjust the price accordingly, we would need the ability for different file types to be uploaded (DST, EMB, AI and ESP).

Is there a plugin which will cover these? I have purchased a plugin which allows people to design their own products however that isn't quite what we wanted. Its more just checking options then having the file upload.

I have included something that resembles what we want with regards to picking options.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, abdullacm said:

better customize the customization upload area. have a look at controllers/front/ProductController.php (for 1.7)

this is not that easy because all allowed uploadable files extension in basic are images and all places where we can check customization will try display those images if file is not images there will be ugly not found image placeholder, so there also should be changes in theme and some in admin panel too. I think easiest way is buy some module.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

So the advice given wasn't very informative for a novice, I did however finally find the right module, someone who uses it helped me set it up and get it running.

The module I used is this one https://addons.prestashop.com/en/combinaisons-customization/30960-additional-product-attributes-custom-product-fields.html

I also needed an extra module for uploading different file types but that was simple.

Thanks