[MODULE] Maintain the performance of your PrestaShop store by regularly cleaning up useless or obsolete data

Mediacom87

Hi,

I am very happy to present you my new module, because it's been several years that I wanted to have a module like this one in order to maintain the stores of my customers that I have in maintenance contract.

I have already adopted it and it saves me a lot of time and above all it improves considerably the performance of my clients' stores by keeping a good quality database.

So, this module will help you in the task of maintaining your data in order to remove all those that are useless or obsolete.

The module integrates precise and explained scenarios to allow you to make the right decisions to schedule with cron tasks some of the scenarios or simply to launch them manually when you need them.

Clean up the database

• Statistical data
  • Email log
  • Logs log
  • Search log

Cleaning up customers

• Abandoned carts
  • Guests without address
  • Guests without orders
  • Customers without address
  • Customers without orders
  • Customer threads

Clean catalog

• Expired specific prices
  • Expired coupons
  • Unused feature values
  • Unused custom feature values
  • Empty characteristics
  • Unused attribute values
  • Empty attribute groups

Clean the cache

Option available from version 1.3.0 of the module

Different scenarios by compatible PrestaShop versions

PrestaShop 1.6 and some versions 1.7

• Smarty cache and compile files
  • XML Cache
  • Smarty theme cache files
  • Smarty class index

Recent PrestaShop 1.7 and PrestaShop 8

• All production cache files
  • All dev cache files

The main interest of this option is to allow you to schedule a cron task to regularly and automatically empty the caches of your PrestaShop store.

Clean the modules

This option will allow you to easily identify all modules that are not installed on your store, but have a directory on your server.

The presence of these module folders causes two things, one is that the module management page will take longer to load and the second is that if the module in question is poorly developed, you can leave an open door to hackers, so it seems essential to delete these folders.

The module will give you two options for action on each module.

On all the modules, you will be able to retrieve the archive of the module with a simple click, which can be interesting if you want to send this module to a service provider so that he can install it and carry out his tests on his side without intervening on your store, or simply, retrieve the archive of the module that you are about to delete.

For the modules that are not installed, you will be able to delete the directory of this module with a simple click and thus improve the performance and security of your store.

Of course, each evolution of this module will allow adding scenarios when they are needed or if a user requests it (I will have the last word to validate the integration of this scenario if I think it is necessary).

couv_addons_en_01.thumb.jpg.ee760911ff62c48a9c48986252ae4290.jpg

couv_addons_en_02.thumb.jpg.f90e25d7b204f9751794530d6bd6906b.jpg

couv_addons_en_03.thumb.jpg.a1c2e07c58e498f7b01b966a8a129cbd.jpg

couv_addons_en_04.thumb.jpg.0b90fc77c794e15ece9f8110d981233e.jpg

couv_addons_en_05.thumb.jpg.b0c6eddbedb84d1eb5dcbc1598a7fa3e.jpg

couv_addons-support_en.thumb.png.d862b2fc6eec397286683d8d814f85cb.png

Discover the module with its demonstration: https://medcleanmyshop.carrd.co/

Download it on PrestaToolbox: https://www.prestatoolbox.com/administrative-tools/457-automate-the-cleaning-of-your-prestashop-store.html

Download it on Addons: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/website-performance/87733-maintenance-and-cleaning-of-your-store.html

Edited by Mediacom87 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

1.2.0 - 11/02/2022

• Added a scenario to anonymize all personal data of customers
  • Compatibility with PrestaShop 8.0
  • Improvement of the source code of the scenarios
  • Separation of service thread scenarios into those associated with an order and others
  • Add a scenario to remove addresses that are not associated with any customer, manufacturer, supplier or order

1.1.0 - 2022-04-12

• Added an option to display data that can be deleted on certain scenarios to facilitate decision-making
  • Adding new scenarios to permanently delete clients that are deleted but still present in the database
  • Fixed a bug when deleting customer threads
  • Fixed a bug when deleting customer without address
  • Improved performance on customer data erasure
  • Improved some scenario descriptions to assist in decision-making

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1.4.0 - 01/26/2023

• Added a new option to delete the folders of modules present on the server but not installed
  • Added an option to download the archive of a complete module folder, useful before deleting it permanently
  • Performance improvement
  • Addition on some tabs of the module of the number of erasable data
  • Improved security of this module by giving user rights only to SuperAdmin employees

Unfortunately, the increase of the security forces me to withdraw the demonstration of the module, I will have to propose a video of demonstration of use of it in the next weeks.

• 1 month later...

1.6.0 - 03/10/2023

• Adding the identification of modules absent from the server but active in the database
  • Improvement of the design of the tables
  • Fixed a bug in the display of information about some scenarios
  • Added better presentation of data tables with pagination and search function
  • Added cleaning of the revision table created by the Creative Elements module
  • Fixed a bug when a table no longer exists after uninstalling the linked module

This update is quite important, because it integrates new concepts.

1. I noticed that on half of the sites I have under maintenance contract, some module directories were deleted without having uninstalled them properly from the backoffice, which makes the store consider these modules still in place.
    You just have to put back the module directory to uninstall it properly.
    But my module also provides a solution that allows you to do most of the cleanup with a single click to free up resources for your store, even if you can't find the archive of the module.
  2. Many users enjoy relying on the flagship module Creative Elements.
    This module is of WordPress origin and therefore incorporates management methods inherited from this universe, including a solution called Revision, which allows you to keep all changes made to page elements.
    Except that they didn't think of a way to simply clean up these revisions and this can quickly harm the performance of your store by filling up your database.
    I have therefore implemented, as for the other tables in the database, the possibility of deleting data that has been out of date for a certain number of days and bringing your database back to life.

Of course, you will always find the possibility to backup your database in 1 click for security before doing a big cleanup if you have installed my other module.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1.6.2 - 05/25/2023

• Improved compatibility with PHP8
  • Added an option to delete several uninstalled modules at once
  • Display the size of the temporary image directory
  • Addition of an option facilitating multiple selection for certain scenarios

1.7.0 - 06/01/2023

• Improved cleaning procedure for abandoned baskets to avoid errors if there are many to delete
  • A new scenario has been added to clean up the modules folder if there are files or folders that don't belong there.
  • Improved module UX
  • Add an option to uninstall a module
  • Integration of module version numbers when downloading modules
  • Add last execution date for each Cron task

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

2.0.0 - 08/12/2023

• Added scenarios for cleaning up product images in the database and files on the server
  • Improved processing of deletion scenarios with large results
  • Multi-shop support to indicate whether a module is active only on certain stores
  • Asynchronous data loading for enhanced user experience

• 4 weeks later...

2.1.0 - 01/04/2024

• Scenarios added to correct problems caused by store deletion
  • Scenarios added to correct problems caused by language deletion
  • Add a scenario to clean up inconsistencies in the configuration table
  • Add a scenario to clean up inconsistencies in native tables
  • Add a scenario to clean up inconsistencies in native tables linked to modules

• 1 month later...

2.4.0 - 03/05/2024

• Improved handling of unused image file deletion scenario for very large catalogs
  • Addition of a new scenario for clearing the cache of filters created by PrestaShop's native faceted navigation module
  • Improved cache clearing for some older PrestaShop 1.7 versions
  • DataTables library updated to version 2.0.1

2.3.0 - 01/24/2024

• Add a scenario to reassociate invoices with their original order
  • Add a cron job for database repair
  • Add a button on each table concerned to launch only the scenarios selected for cron tasks

• 3 weeks later...

2.5.0 - 03/22/2024

• Added a scenario to correct database tables that do not use the database engine defined in the parameters
  • DataTables library updated to version 2.0.2
  • Separation of cleaning from Cart Rules for easier processing of large catalogs
  • Preserve module list presentation settings between page displays

• 3 weeks later...

3.0.0 - 04/09/2024

• On-demand scenario calculation shifted to avoid server overloads
    Calculation of the data counters to be cleaned is launched only on the scenarios selected for processing with a Cron task, enabling instant visualization of the volume of data to be cleaned without risk.
  • Add a button to refresh the calculation only for scenarios programmed on a Cron task
  • Added an option to change the database engine for InnoDB
  • Add a SuperCron that can launch all Cron tasks with a single URL
  • Add an option to mass uninstall all modules that have been deactivated
  • Add a filter to display only modules by a specific creator
  • Fixed cache issue when changing database table prefix for PrestaShop 1.6
  • DataTables library updated to version 2.0.3

• 2 weeks later...

3.0.2 - 04/21/2024

• Fixed bug preventing certain scenarios from being deleted from the catalog
  • Fixed a bug in the option to uninstall several modules at the same time
  • Improved feedback on certain scenarios that can take a long time
  • Improved explanations to help with the use of certain scenarios