How to assign products to new category with eMagicOne without removing them from existing?

TonyKapa

Hello!

As the title says I use eMagicOne and I want to bulk assign products with excel to a new category e.g. "offer" without removing them from their existing categories.

I know the process of how to add products to categories with import from excel, I just dont know how to keep the current category when i assign a new one.

For example a product is in Home>PC>CPU and I want to keep it in those categories and add it to a new one "offer" outisde of Home tree.

The number of products is thousands so i cant do it manually.

Hope someone can help me, sorry if this is answered before I just cant find it and thanks for your time!

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Unfortunately there are thousand products scattered in different categories and i cant do it by simply selecting the products one by one. I cant even select all products from a single category because not all products needs to be assigned to new category.

I was hoping there is a simple solution I missed, like ticking a box "Keep current categories and only add new" or something like that during the import process.

What you are suggesting is export all the products with their full category tree, add the new category and import again?

If I could select them all in emagicone I would just do it manually, and my ERP system where I export the products needed to change category can't export categories.

So you are telling me there isn't a simple solution for this except importing the whole category tree?

On 4/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, TonyKapa said:

Turned out there is a simple tickbox for keeping existing categories! 

Thank you for your time anyway !

Hi there,

You are right, "Keep current categories association(s)" is the exact checkbox for keeping the products in the categories they're already assigned to. Feel free to contact eMagicOne support directly if you have further questions regarding Store Manager.

2022-04-08_18-53-20.jpg