Odd dash in email product list after product name

I can't seem to get rid of an odd dash that is sneaking into the product names in the confirmation emails (1.7.8.4). When an item, for instance, is named "Testartikel 1 Euro", what shows up in the email is "Testartikel 1 Euro -". I assumed it's caused by the email expecting a variant descriptor even though I don't use variants for products and have deactivated the whole variants function. So I removed the variant check in the order_conf_product_list.tpl file, but without any result. It seems to be hardcoded into the name somehow because when I change the line to:

<strong>{$product['name']} test</strong>

it will show "Testartikel 1 Euro auf Lager - test" in the email, so that odd dash is part of the $product['name'] call.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of that? It looks a bit silly if there's a useless dash after each product name in my confirmation emails.

Thank you!

Edited by janoroh (see edit history)

Ah, thank you so much! I feel like there's a bug somewhere because I've disabled attributes on the Advanced -> Performance page, so I can't even enter any on my product pages.

I just checked if the behavior is different if I turn it on again, but the "-" still shows up. Very odd.

Since I don't use attributes anyway, I've now added an override for PaymentModule.php removing the string marked red in your screenshot and it works correctly now. :) Still would be interesting to find out what might cause the problem because I guess the isset attributes part should only show something if there actually are attributes. I also checked the database and ps_attribute, ps_product_attribute, ps_product_attribute_combination and the others are all emtpy. Weird.

Edited by janoroh (see edit history)