Category images not updating. 2nd language not editable. Changes to CMS and translations don't want to save.

Started a new Prestashop project a week or so back. A bunch of issues have come up now. Since I do not know wether they have to do with my theme / modules or Prestashop itself, I do not know where to seek for help.

Firstly, I was unable to change CMS pages. I eventually inserted text through MySQL. Not optimal, but will do for now. While dealing with the CMS pages from the back office, I could edit texts in 1st language and save, it would say success, but nothing really got saved. What I noticed also was that as soon as I selected 2nd language, the text boxed just disappeared. It started with CMS pages. But as I said, I edited those through MySQL and moved on.

Then I decided to revisit the issue, where I can’t update category thumb images (small default). For some categories I could at first, but for others, not. For some the uploaded image would show in the back office after, but not at the front office. For some, it didn’t save at all. Then I read that for some (for whatever reason) it helped to write a description for the category in both languages. When I tried that, the same thing happened as with CMS pages – as soon as I click on second language, box disappears.

So, can’t update images. Can’t update texts. Can’t update translations (can, but won’t save). I’m pulling my hair out already.

And then I see, that the sidebar (left sidebar menu on category page, blog suggestions and so on on blog page) has completely disappeared.

What am I doing wrong? I was about 90% done with the page and now it seems to be getting worse with every step.

The site is down for maintenance, but if anyone would want to check, send me your IP.