Changing order status when adding tracking number

Hi everyone! (Dont mind bad english )

I have a problem in prestashop 1.7.7.1 and i wonder if anyone could help me.

When i mannually add a tracking number the customer recieves a email with "Package is shipped" including the tracking link. However it will not change the order status to shipped. When i aftetwards set the status to shipped the customer will recieve another mail called "shipped" without the tracking number.

How can i make it that is will update the status when entering the tracking number and prevent sending the second mail called "shipped"

Thank you in regards!

EDIT: 

also my {followup} shows up blank in the recieved email

Edited by willemwabtech (see edit history)

Hi,

To prevent shipped mail from being sent, you will need to disable mailing from the Shipped Order state Settings.

To automatically change the status when update the tracking number, you can make a module (or you can use an existing module), where you can use the actionAdminOrdersTrackingNumberUpdate hook, and change the status of the order.

Edited by Ress (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:41 PM, Ress said:

Hi,

To prevent shipped mail from being sent, you will need to disable mailing from the Shipped Order state Settings.

To automatically change the status when update the tracking number, you can make a module (or you can use an existing module), where you can use the actionAdminOrdersTrackingNumberUpdate hook, and change the status of the order.

Thats smart; disabling the mail. Did not think of that. 

I would not know how to write a module so i will just change the status by hand.

thank you

• Like 1